Grounds Supermag vs Overhauler

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Grounds Supermag vs Overhauler

Postby goose_boy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Hey fellas, moved some years ago and mostly got out of the water fowling game. Diving back in this fall with a trip to NoDak for a goose hunt. I have a Zink PC1, and while it is very goosey I don't think it's quite ideal for working larger flocks over more dekes. Looking for an easy to blow short reed that's pretty fast. I am open to other calls but have blown a Supermag and liked it. I hear great things about the TC guts, which is what made me look at the Overhauler. Thoughts, suggestions, opinions please?

FWIW, I can't blow these calls side by side or I wouldn't have to ask.
goose_boy
hunter

Re: Grounds Supermag vs Overhauler

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Grounds calls aren't know for their speed but definately all goose. I'd venture a guess and from my experience, the fastest grounds calls would be the half breed and short mag. Real Thang is pretty quick too, but not like the two I just mentioned, in my opinion.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby nitram » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:53 pm

I really like a Supermag but I've steered a half-dozen guys toward the G-Overhauler in the past few months and to a man, they love 'em.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:11 am

Greenhead Rocker wrote:Grounds calls aren't know for their speed but definately all goose. I'd venture a guess and from my experience, the fastest grounds calls would be the half breed and short mag. Real Thang is pretty quick too, but not like the two I just mentioned, in my opinion.

Im sorry but I politely disagree with you. I'd put my RT up against any call out there
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:15 am

Huntfish12 wrote:
Greenhead Rocker wrote:Grounds calls aren't know for their speed but definately all goose. I'd venture a guess and from my experience, the fastest grounds calls would be the half breed and short mag. Real Thang is pretty quick too, but not like the two I just mentioned, in my opinion.

Im sorry but I politely disagree with you. I'd put my RT up against any call out there

against any call or caller? no such thing as the fastest call :no:
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:05 am

Apples to apples, a RT will be as fast as a caller can make it run...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:32 am

Huntfish12 wrote:

No worries bro. That's why I stated that it was just from my experience and opinion. Everybody is different.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:13 am

DMBgoosehunter13 wrote:
Huntfish12 wrote:

against any call or caller? no such thing as the fastest call :no:

Yup, I agree with you there. What I ment was that for arguments sake, if you took one person and told them to run 10 calls, the RT being one of them, I would be very confident that it would be close to the top of the list on speed.

Greenhead Rocker wrote:
Huntfish12 wrote:

No worries bro. That's why I stated that it was just from my experience and opinion. Everybody is different.

Yea man, all good.
:thumbsup:
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby Marcus Riley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:49 am

A properly tuned call is only limited by the person running it. That being said I prefer the OH.
Teach your children to hunt.... and you won't have to hunt for your children.
Marcus Riley
hunter

Postby MNGunner » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:25 pm

nitram wrote:I really like a Supermag but I've steered a half-dozen guys toward the G-Overhauler in the past few months and to a man, they love 'em.

I have a super mag and I'm interested in the G Overhauler. What is different between the two??

Volume?

Pitch?

sensitivity to hand placement?

Air required? Speed?

Thanks
MNGunner
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum