Mcalister clothing?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Mcalister clothing?

Postby cutdown123 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:30 pm

Does anyone know what's up with mcalister? I was told they are going to quit making it for 2 years? And also drake will not carry bottomland camp anymore? Just wandering if any of y'all know if this is true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cutdown123
hunter

Re: Mcalister clothing?

Postby OneTime » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:42 pm

I don't know about the camo, but the muffelatta is pretty good.
OneTime
hunter

Postby huntswithmutts » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:03 pm

I don't know if Drake's parent company is ending production of Mcalister or not, but I have been wondering the same thing. I really like their stuff. I think it is a cheaper, although not equal, alternative to Filson. Used to have the ditty shooting bag for clays and lost it. Wish I still had that bag.
huntswithmutts
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:44 am

Years ago, I bought a new McAllister shooting vest. The adjusting strap pulled out the second time I used it. They replaced it, no hassles.
The second vest started to lose it's pockets (poor seam sewing), after about five uses. I re-sewed all the seams myself, adding leather trim where the cotton pocket edges were already starting to wear through.
I still wear that threadbare old vest. But, I've not been a big fan of McAllister gear since.
mudpack
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum