IL Navigation Light Regs

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

IL Navigation Light Regs

Postby brickgw » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Just wondering if anybody knows the regs on nav lights for boats in IL. I'm wanting to switch to recessed "shark eye" lights but want to make sure they're legal before I spend the money on them.
brickgw
hunter

Re: IL Navigation Light Regs

Postby lilfukr79 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:40 pm

I think it is legal. I have seen a couple other boats with em. Have ya looked on DNR website to see if it says anything about lights. Guttin your exhaust wasn't to bad was it?
lilfukr79
hunter

Postby QuackSmacker935 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:06 pm

To be sure email law enforcement on this page and they will clear it up for you. They always get back to me within a couple days.http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/about/Pages/Contact.aspx
QuackSmacker935
hunter

Postby brickgw » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:29 am

lilfukr79 wrote:I think it is legal. I have seen a couple other boats with em. Have ya looked on DNR website to see if it says anything about lights. Guttin your exhaust wasn't to bad was it?

I've seen it on like sail boats and ski boats but no jon boats. I'll try gettin some info outta dnr about it. Trying to make some extra room up front for this guy:

I actually picked up a used gutted exhaust. Still going to take the guts outta mine and add a larger outlet when I get the time then throw the other one up for sale. I'm wanting to send the heads off to Pro Drive in a month or so if I can scrape up enough change.
brickgw
hunter

Postby brickgw » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:28 am

Looks like they're legal based on what I found on the IDNR website for boating regs. They just showed a little diagram of what the lights should display like. It looks like they'll be just fine.
brickgw
hunter

Postby lilfukr79 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:41 am

You save up money faster for head work if ya stop buying all them fancy accessories LOL. So are the heads or head work at phowler just iron mountain heads or do they work them themselves?
lilfukr79
hunter

Postby brickgw » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:47 am

That's true on the accesories...the hand held spotlights just aren't holding up though. I got that light bar for 90 bucks on ebay. I've spent more than that replacing spotlights.

The headwork is from a guy. I'll ship them down and they'll deck them 3 thousandths, port / polish and do a valve job. I looked at Phowlers prices for the same work but they're too damn high... $325 from dude or $1325 from Phowler....easy choice there
Last edited by brickgw on Sat May 24, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brickgw
hunter

Postby brickgw » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:48 am

Don't think phowler uses Iron Mountin tho
brickgw
hunter

Postby lilfukr79 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:14 am

I see now that u said pro-drive was going to do the headwork not phowler, My bad. Have ya looked into Jamie B on mmt? His work is prob more than pro-drive but everyone says his work is awesome. Was gonna send mine his way when the time came. I will see how urs turn out. I think phowlers price includes intake and a marshmellow exhaust rite? Im good on spotlights, mother in law the last 3 yrs now has gotten me the same rechargeable light for Christmas. Not sure if she don't remember or she thinks im that hard on chit.
lilfukr79
hunter

Postby xtrema13 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:52 am

Front red and green and back corner light on the pole.

Sent from my Tim Grounds Super Mag
xtrema13
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting