Scariest thing you've ever experienced

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Scariest thing you've ever experienced

Postby ChasinTail » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:48 pm

That ghost thread made me think of this. What's the scariest thing you've ever experienced in your life?
ChasinTail
hunter

Re: Scariest thing you've ever experienced

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:00 pm

The other day, I was up late watching TV on the couch. The program I was watching went off and something super boring came on. About that time I realized the plate of Oreos I had been eating was empty and I couldn't find the remote anywhere.
A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby WTN10 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Back in 2004, I was sitting in the chapter room at the frat house watching the crappy old big screen we had. The remote was sitting right beside me, faced upward, nothing touching it. The television turned all the way up and started changing channels. I could not get it to stop or turn down. Had to unplug the television. Freaked me out. Burned one outside and went to bed.

Same year, everyone is out at the bar and I stay behind because I'm low on funds. It was me and two other guys there, no one else in the house. Frat brother was in his room in the back playing Diablo 2. Other brother was in room beside me reading. I was watching tv in my room. I hear a pounding at the side door. I walk up and answer. Three guys start screaming and getting in my face. I don't know their names, but I know they're ATO's, and I know they're all on juice. Bastards were huge, drunk, and hormonal.

Anyway, they proceed to cuss and scream at me and I keep my cool. I ask them what the problem is, and they demand to see the president of the chapter. I know he's not there, he's off drinking with everyone else, like I wish I was at about this time. I'm sure as hell not telling them that though. I tell them I'm going to go get him and then perform what is the longest turn in my life. I sure as hell wasn't going to try to fight them, but I sure as hell wasn't backing away from them either; I was going to turn around and then, at least they're :censored: ing cowards for jumping me with my back turned.

To my amazement, they don't do it. I don't end up on the floor. I walk back like I'm going to get the president, go in my room, lock the door, and call the f'ing police. I was terrified I was going to get curb stomped, Edward Norton style.

One of them serves me food on my lunch break now when I decide to eat at that particular establishment. I win.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby jcz » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Opening this thread. :nana:
jcz
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:14 pm

The 2008 election.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:48 pm

My wedding day
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Either when I almost drowned when I was in high school in the middle of a lake, or 2 seasons ago, last day of the season, when I was hunting alone and hit a submerged object in the middle of the channel going full throttle and me+boat went flying in the air.

Now that I think about it more, the drowning one was probably less scary since the water was warm and I had more control over the situation. For the next 30 min after the boat one occurred after I got to my spot I was just going through the motions, trying to register what had just happened and thinking about how it could have ended up a whole lot worse than just a big dent in the boat.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby bighop » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 pm

Meeting WTN
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby sprigs4days » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:59 pm

Came home from a party one night pretty wasted. Decided I would go to a gals house who lived across the street for some late night lovins. Had the bright idea that I would knock on her window, then I would duck down in the shrubs and pop up and scare the hell outta her when she came to it. So I tap on the window and duck down, saw the blinds open and I pop up only to see an old lady with with looked to be whipped cream all over her face. We both let out a God awful scream and I bolted to my house praying she wouldn't tell my parents. She was one cool lady. She never did tell my parents.
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:15 pm

I was pretty scared when I stuck a ninja star (can lid) in my brothers head. I was almost positive my parents would beat my arse to a pulp.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby TexasPuddleJumper » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:01 am

@ggtb, was that one of your many "I was a terrible kid" stories. It sounds familiar.

Back in college I worked for an ambulance service (I've been an EMT-B since highschool) and one night we get called out to a bad MVC. A handfull of teenagers had been out street racing. One of the cars lost it going 100+ mph, they had both rolled... It was a bad scene to look at.
When I say both had rolled, I mean one had tumbled and the other one had flipped once then pancaked on the roof. All three kids inside were DOS; probably on impact. The other car had managed to come to rest on its wheels and by the time we finished our paperwork and left the hospital, they had been cleared. I watched them walk out of the hospital and into the back of a squad car.
Needless to say, that was one of those nights when I got off shift, went back to the house, lifted a fifth of cheap bourbon off one of my frat brothers, and tried to drink that off my mind.

Sent via smoke signal
I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done, I'm just saying it is ill advised...
TexasPuddleJumper
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:48 am

Family get together (no drinking) at my aunt and uncles house around the pool. It was the scenario where everyone was playing with my little cousin, but for this instance no one was.(He was 2 at the time) All the kids where playing in the pool and we were all right beside it just eating and chatting. All of the sudden my wife said wheres "billybob" and we all looked panicked.... He was in the deep end on the bottow. My cousin and I jumped in, grabbed him unconscious did CPR and he came to. Helicopter lifted him and he was back to normal before making it to the hospital. It was God and God only that was with us that day... No one knew how long he was down there or out. Worst thing I can remember, truly terrifying. Doctors tried to explain it as some diving phenomenon where the heart rate, water temp, and angle entering water allows you to survive longer without air.

The next was just this past winter, hunting. On the way back, in large water the wind picked up 25-30mph against the tide...Pretty positive God was with us again that day. 16ft jon boat vs 3fters with 4fters mixed in taking them over the side/back/front for 2 miles. I was bailing water from transom with a water bowl the whole time trying to keep my eye on shore bc I knew we were going to be sinking at anytime.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby cyoung24 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:31 am

First was the time we thought we lost my son a few months into the pregnancy. The scariest was his birth. They lost his heartbeat twice. He was so tangled in the cord every time she wod have a contraction it would strangle him. They figured it out eventually and took her in for a cesection. Now he's almost 3 and scrares me to death every day.
cyoung24
hunter

Postby t_baker » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:38 am

I'm scared of the dark.
t_baker
hunter

Postby KRB » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:52 am

Angry drunk fat chicks.
KRB
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:08 am

t_baker wrote:I'm scared of a fat guy sinking my boat.

FIFY
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 am

KRB wrote:Angry drunk fat chicks.

Sounds like a party to me
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby KRB » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:58 am

OGblackcloud wrote:
KRB wrote:Angry drunk fat chicks.

Sounds like a party to me

:yes:
KRB
hunter

Postby cobbeaux » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:41 am

Catching my fingers in a door and cutting the tips off. Seeing the blood squirting out up onto the ceiling and the tips still wiggling in the door. Yeah, pretty scary as a 13 year old.
Awwww man, I can't believe I did dat!

Red Leg Waterfowl Field Staff
cobbeaux
hunter

Postby Omaha Clucker » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:32 am

The first place I lived in when I moved out of my parent's was 80-90 years old. Moved all day, drank all night, passed out. Wake up the next day and go take a long shower, open the curtain and the mirror says "Leave this house" I grabbed my towel, headed for my room on the double and as soon as I walked into the hallway my roommate was busting a gut laughing on the floor.
Omaha Clucker
hunter

Postby cobbeaux » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 am

Omaha Clucker wrote:The first place I lived in when I moved out of my parent's was 80-90 years old. Moved all day, drank all night, passed out. Wake up the next day and go take a long shower, open the curtain and the mirror says "Leave this house" I grabbed my towel, headed for my room on the double and as soon as I walked into the hallway my roommate was busting a gut laughing on the floor.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Awwww man, I can't believe I did dat!

Red Leg Waterfowl Field Staff
cobbeaux
hunter

Postby LongTom » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Almost wrecked a 67 Firebird out running a game ranger.
LongTom
hunter

Postby Tim Terrell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:11 pm

I was married once.... brrrr.
--Tim
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Tim Terrell wrote:I was married once.... brrrr.
--Tim

I bet you broke his heart.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:43 pm

When I was 18 a bunch of my buddies and I went to Jackson Hole Wyoming to camp for a few days and do a couple of river rafting trips. The first day we were there, we decided to load up our packs and go out on a day hike. It was July and it was hot and dry. After hiking for a few hours we came upon a stretch of the snake river. We were standing on the bank about 7 or 8 feet above the river. I was so hot and sweaty all I could think of was jumping in to cool off. From where we stood the river was very clear and looked to be very deep, so I dropped my pack, stripped down to my skivies and jumped in. As soon as I jumped in, I was pulled by the strong current into an eddy. There were sheer rock walls on both sides of the river and a short distance downstream the water was very rough and there were huge jagged rocks staggered along the river. I was literally swimming as hard and fast as I possibly could but soon realized I was not making any progress to get to a position where I could get out of the water. After swimming as hard as I could go for what seemed like forever, I could feel my strength and energy leaving me. I knew at that moment that this was most likely the end for me. I can recall every so often being able to look up and see the panicked faces of my buddies looking down at me. I could feel my legs and arms burning and beginning to fail and my head began to bob up and down below the surface of the water. I finally became so exhausted I couldn't do anything other than just be washed down stream. At the point where I felt that I was on the brink of losing consciousness, I slammed into a huge boulder and felt the searing pain in my ribs. Just moments later one of my buddies, who had tied a rope around his waist, came out into the river and grabbed hold of me while the 2 other buddies on the shore pulled us to safety.

I was so beat from that whole ordeal, I layed on the edge of the river and fell asleep for 4 hours.

Hard to explain, but that whole experience scared the hell out of me so bad, it literally changed my whole outlook on life and being grateful for every day I get.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Next

Return to The Honey Hole