Can someone from Arizona help me out?

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Can someone from Arizona help me out?

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:38 pm

Guys I am looking at maybe a job for the summer. It would be in Mohave Valley, AZ working for USF&WS as a firefighter. They are saying your desert is looking ripe for some wildland/urban interface fires and I want to help prevent it.

Can somebody tell me what an avg apartment goes for in Mohave Valley or Laughlin, or any city nearby. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Matt
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby had » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:12 pm

ks, the whole state is ready for a fire. allot of dead grass all over the place, all the green is already dead. i'm not familiar with that area, but appartments around here are in the 650 range for nice studios and one bedrooms i bet it will be similar there. i checked on the net and found one in mojave that was $800-1000 but it was a luxury app. so i'm guessing 650-750 for one bedroom.
ks, it will be nice to have you in the state, and thanks for helpin.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon May 02, 2005 4:55 pm

Well, I won't be staying for the summer. However, I am flying out there Wednesday (pretty sure but not 100%). Gonna be crewing the engines at Havasau NWR and a few of the otehr refuges in the area. I hope we have no fires, but if we do I will have alot of cool new toys to play with. Have a fire free may. Sounds like I would come home June 1 or 2.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby had » Mon May 02, 2005 5:57 pm

let me know if you see ducks there and what type. just curious.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:32 pm

Saw Mallards on the Arizona side of Cibola NWR. Havasu looks like a great place as does Cibola. Both have lots of quail and more doves than I have ever seen. Not sure about Imperial down buy Yuma. Saw quail and the refuge manager said they had fantastic dove hunting. Saw lots of fire and got on five. Got heat exhaustion on one and had to be helicoptered out down at Cabeza Prieta. Got to see some unexploded ordinance at YPG and Barry M. Goldwater range.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting