3D Printing Houses...

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

3D Printing Houses...

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:10 pm

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: 3D Printing Houses...

Postby beretta24 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:20 am

If the technology advances enough to print with stronger materials, AND the cost comes down those things will be huge.

No more running to Menards for that plastics widget that broke, if you know how to paint you can make your own decoys...endless possibilities
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu May 01, 2014 8:52 am

The decoy thing would be awesome.

You hit on a huge point with the existing concrete castings using thing method, which is structural integrity. High speed or early cure concrete is not always a good thing. When managed and placed even slightly improperly it is weak, crazes, cracks, etc... This causes all kinds of problems. Aesthetics can be masked with a facade so that is not an issue for this technology. They also do not address how this method of concrete placement will handle rebar which is vital to the long term structural integrity of concrete.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 01, 2014 5:31 pm

beretta24 wrote:If the technology advances enough to print with stronger materials, AND the cost comes down those things will be huge.

No more running to Menards for that plastics widget that broke, if you know how to paint you can make your own decoys...endless possibilities

I am on the edge of my chair trying to figure how to make a buck off those things. I would bet you are right in that it is going to be huge. I've heard the Jay Leno has one in his garage to replicate parts for his car collection. This is going to CHANGE society, and I bet they are eventually as ubiquitous as cell phones are now.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Thu May 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Cabelas warehouse will be a lot smaller.
boney fingers
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum