Duck Hunting Forum banner

Need help planning duck hunting trip

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  smitht 
#1 ·
I am 23 from Georgia and my friend and I have gone to vicksburg MS (mahanna WMA) the past two years and have returned home with our tails between our legs both times (very few ducks). We are both somewhat new to duck huntin (4 seasons) and are lookin for help. I know its best to go when the weather is right but we are in college and we pretty much have to set a date and go over Christmas break. Last year we went the day after Christmas and thats probably around the time we will go this year. We have a boat with a go devil that we can take if we need to. Being new to the game, we are lookin for any suggestions on PUBLIC LAND that might help us bring home some meat (our women are starting to laugh at us). Not lookin for someone's honey hole, just a good place to start and we will go from there. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Someone point us in the right direction

#3 ·
When i was in school at Auburn we used to go over to Matthew's brake (wma) just south of greewood ms. It took 2 hunts before we really figured out where to go but there are some ducks there but A LOT of hunters also. As I found, you wont get much help from anyone, you just have to figure that place out on your own. A mud motor will pay off well there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.