frying ducks.

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

frying ducks.

Postby teamoutlaw » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:00 pm

I have heard and ate some deer in small strips fried in a batter of salt pepper and flour. what steps would i need to take to try and make this happen with duck meat thanks.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:33 pm

I dont piticullary like fried duck or venison, but I have a more "Fine dining" style of eating. Most fried duck you will get will be more like a Asian Cuisine. but heres one that I found,

I normally cut the meat with a sharp fillet knife on a cutting board in strips approximately ½ to ¾ inches wide.

Rinse again thoroughly after cutting into strips.

I use milk to marinate the ducks. You can use a generic brand just as well. Marinate them overnight preferably, but no less than six hours for good absorption.

Take the strips from the marinade and roll or shake them in flour sprinkled liberally with Cavender's seasoning (available in most grocery stores). Drop the strips in a fry daddy deep fryer. I use canola oil. You can use anything comparable. My strips cook in about two to three minutes. I try not to overcook them because that is the way I like it best. .

Hope this is what you was looking for.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking