Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Postby SoIllinoisan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:33 pm

Hello everyone, I am new to the area and appreciate all the information you guys share.

I am wanting to find some sort of layout boat, pirogue, or hunting type canoe or kayak that someone wants to sell. Since I am new to the area I do not know all of the in's and out's of hunting here, but I do enjoy hunting am used to using these sorts of boats so I thought it would be a good place to start out here.

If anyone has one or knows someone that is looking to sell, I would appreciate any information. Thanks again and I look forward to using this chat.

Postby Kelpy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:24 pm

I brought my duck boat down here with me while i'm in Tucson for a month. I have yet to put it in the water. There are very few areas in Az that one actually need a boat. I have seen far more ducks on cattle ponds and small creeks than any sort of navigable waters.

Hope this helps, Kelpy

Postby LIGHT12 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:18 pm

Welcome, I have one you you could buy, but its in wisconsin at the moment. I have looked for skiffs for a long time in az, and they are not easy to find. They are usefull once you figure out where to use it. I have a 4 rivers 13' 6" which is a bit big. I would look at cabelas, and order a carsten mallard, that is the direction I am going for next season. There are plenty of places to use one, but it takes a lot of scouting.

what part of the state were you from?
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting