cooler weather has come how is everyone doing?

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Postby 6x6pinz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:50 am

Still struggling with my first time hunting ducks. Not sure about the location near Phoenix. Any other direction someone could point a newbie?
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:51 am

Im in your boat man I am going up north saturday hopefully to find something... but this will be my first trip and im hoping to atleast get one bird. :rolleyes:

What part of az you from?

MikE
Mike

“If it flies, it dies, and if it just sits there, it dies too!”
Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:02 am

Infamous20
I am in Mesa. I have been picking up just a few birds here and there, nothing to write home about. I was lucky enough to hook up with one of the nicer people on this board and go out for some duck hunting. It was a slow day for ducks but still learned a lot and saw some very pretty water holes. It is nice to know that not all people on this board are very secretive and unwilling to help a new guy learn the sport.
This weekend is tied up for me but keep in touch and we can get out and get some birds together. I do have some direction from some of the better sportsmen on this board as to where to start.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:16 am

That sounds good to me my dad lives out in mesa so I have no problem driving out for the weekend and hunting some ducks... If my spot up north comes through ill let you know I have heard it is a really nice spot a couple of ponds shallow enough to wade in and close enough to pond hop. :thumbsup: I dont have any deekes yet but got all the clothing to stay warm... how long you been hunting for?
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:32 am

Just started this season. I have a canoe and a deck boat that I use and I also picked up some decoys.
Let me know and I am sure we can work sometime in to get out.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:38 am

Sounds good to me. When you going out next? What areas have you hunted so far? I know of one spot at 107th and southern on the gila river I cut down a bunch of cat tails and made a little spot to hunt but havent got to hunt it yet still trying to make sure I can hunt there I have checked everywhere and it looks like it is still legal but want to be sure...
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby desertducks » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:35 pm

the weather has helped went out today and shot a limit got 2 redhead and the rest ring neck not bad for 3 hours :wink:
desertducks
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:20 pm

desertducks
From what it looked like when the ducks get there it should be a great hunt.
Thanks again.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:17 am

Going out to the river this friday let me know if you want to go...
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:51 am

have you been by there lately? The salt is way up and hard to get birds out of.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:00 am

I went by there last sat and it was perfect but it has rained alot so we will see if all else fails will shoot them from the bank and use a fishing pole to get them. :rofl: lol

the area i found the water is only about a foot deep if that so even if the water level comes up should still be fine to find a spot to stand out in the middle of the cat tails... :thumbsup:
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:04 am

Thats what I thought about the place on the salt river. The last time I was there you could cross it in irrigation boots, now it is over 6' deep and moving very fast.
Hopefully I will know before noon today if I am going to be able to come out your way. I will let you know ASAP.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:07 am

Ok sounds good just let me know i wish i was able to get off work early and go take a peek and see if the water level hasnt gone way up... we will see how thursday goes if it is slow maybe ill leave for awhile...
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting