lab breeder reference

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

lab breeder reference

Postby Bassfishn08 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Well after the huge debate I started "lab or chessie?" I want to know if anyone has a recommendation for a lab breeder in the NW Ohio area. I want a pup, not started or finished. I don't care whether it is full or limited registration. Male with a hunting pedigree. This dog will be a family hunting dog. Any info you have would be great.
Bassfishn08
hunter

Re: lab breeder reference

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Think I asked on your WTB Chessie post but not sure you answered. What's the price range?
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Bassfishn08 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:05 pm

Under $1000
Bassfishn08
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:16 pm

Thanks
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Here's a start. Do homework before you call, all will likely want to know you will train their pup well.
Email Greg and ask if any club memebrs have litters or he knows of any. Might be good to join later anyway.
Greg Emlinger, President E-mail
Ohio Hunting Retriever Club, Inc.
gemlinger@aol.com

Trinity Labs, Jackson Ohio south of Columbus

Current ad on entry Express, hunt test site. Good deal, pups are getting older and need to go, not all bad, they've been exposed knowing Melody
Ohio 6/30/2014 7:45:24 PM CST
Three yellow males from HRCH Trinity's God of Thunder SH(5 master passes) Thor is out of Fordland's Bored out Ford and HRCH UH Trinity's Gremlin Reaper MH CGC TDI. Mom is Trinity's .44 Magnum who is out of a MH bitch, and NAFC FC AFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip(Traveler) Pups born 3/1/2014 and ready to go now. They have had dew claws removed, first shots, and are microchipped. $500. Ready to go now. Good HT and FT prospects. Both parents have tons of drive. Mom running Seniors as soon as done weaning. Both parents have OFA hips, elbows, patella, cardiac, thyroid, eyes, EIC, and CNM. Please call Sirena at 740-637-0091 for more information. Visit www.trinitylabs.net for pictures of parents and a list of all other litters currently available.
Melody Robinson 7406370091
jacksonadvertiser@frontier.com http://trinitylabs.net

Trinity website, believe more listed
http://www.trinitylabs.net/Litter%20Information.htm
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Bassfishn08 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:12 am

HNTFSH, thank you for the info. I have made contact with both leads.
Bassfishn08
hunter

Postby Dawnsearlylight » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:24 am

Bassfishn08 wrote:Well after the huge debate I started "lab or chessie?" I want to know if anyone has a recommendation for a lab breeder in the NW Ohio area. I want a pup, not started or finished. I don't care whether it is full or limited registration. Male with a hunting pedigree. This dog will be a family hunting dog. Any info you have would be great.

Smart choice, best of luck with your new partner.
The lab and golden think: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; they must be gods."
The Chesapeake thinks: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; I must be a God."
Dawnsearlylight
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:36 am

Bassfishn, pm "CrazyMatt" on here. I'm pretty sure he just bought a pup from Trinity, or put a deposit down on one.
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:06 am

Man...I was poking around on Ohio breeders google search this morning. And people wonder or complain that some of us are too opinionated about breeding and pedigrees!! :lol3:

Just ONE example of many I saw in 10 minutes. And why asking for recommendations IF you are serious about a decent dog are so important. There are hundreds of death-trap 'Breeders' out there happy to take your cash and give you crap.

Here's a comment on an available pup for $1,475!!!!!!! No pedigree listed, no information on Sire/Dam or their accomplishments and health clearances (NOT just a 'Health Check') by a vet:

Dallas is a bright, little lady. She's active and full of energy. She never says no to playtime and is always trying to catch your attention with her ...read more

And a relative comment about the ACA 'Registry' this puppy has as is not AKC Registered apparently:

Really, it's like the difference between Lady and Tramp. Lady is a purebred with a traceable history, Tramp has no way to prove who his parents are. The AKC, while not perfect, actually holds it's members to a code of ethics, and has standards for it's members. The ACA will register ANYTHING, as long as the paperwork is accompanied by a check.

Look at how they attempt to validate and fool the buyer to believe they are something special and 'above the rest' as well as the prices for these pups!!!

http://purebredbreeders.com/oh/labrador/about-us/

Serious Rip-off to those unsuspecting human nature can be so twisted. :hammer:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:08 pm

In addition to the price tag, the part of that ad that really got me to chuckling was the "financing available" link.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:In addition to the price tag, the part of that ad that really got me to chuckling was the "financing available" link.

I know!!! Amazing!

I didn't read the lifetime warranty but would imagine it's FULL of holes. Even at that, I guess getting 1,500 for a pup that cost the outfit 100.00 allows a generous policy!
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:43 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:In addition to the price tag, the part of that ad that really got me to chuckling was the "financing available" link.

I know!!! Amazing!

I didn't read the lifetime warranty but would imagine it's FULL of holes. Even at that, I guess getting 1,500 for a pup that cost the outfit 100.00 allows a generous policy!

I know what it's like getting a $500 dog for the mere price of $1,500, but a $100 dog for $1,500 is taking it too far! :lol3:
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:

I know!!! Amazing!

I know what it's like getting a $500 dog for the mere price of $1,500, but a $100 dog for $1,500 is taking it too far! :lol3:

Well, I've never seen a 'good teeth' guarantee. :yes:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby labman63 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Sent you a PM
labman63
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:48 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:

I know!!! Amazing!

Haha :lol3:
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby labman63 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:28 pm

gotta be worth it she is" Active and playful"

quote="Locked&Loaded"]
HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:

I know!!! Amazing!

Haha :lol3:[/quote]
labman63
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Firebreather at 5 weeks!
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby kkelly » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Let's be fair guys, when you "adopt" one of their pups, you get a certificate ensuring lifetime guarantee! I mean really where else can you take out a loan for a less than desired dog and receive a certificate as well?!? That's high class right there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kkelly
hunter

Postby Drivetacks » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:09 am

Sign me up for that!
Drivetacks
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum