Duck Hunting Forum banner

TURKEYS OR GEESE

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Tuffcity 
#1 ·
I can't hardly keep mind in turkey hunting when still hear geese over my head. :yes: Is it goose season yet?

#7 ·
Gentlemen: there, there, now. Do we wish for Christmas in July? Let's make the best of what is in season. We must put aside the thoughts and things of Autumn; we must embrace the spring in all of her green glory. This includes the pursuit of the elusive tom turkey. Perhaps waterfowl hunting is better. But, we must think spring. Besides, a goose call makes a good locator call.

#9 ·
are turkeys those shiny giant birds running around my backyard every morning....the ones with redish/gray/blue heads are making some awful gobbleling sound....and alot of yelping clucks from the brownish ones?????????????.......they keep chasing away the deer! :yes:

#16 ·
I'm gonna go with turkey....nothing can beat how much you're heart races when that old tom struts into your hen decoy...or even hearing them gobble a few yards off!! I love goose hunting but it aint anywhere near as exciting as turkey hunting!!!! :yes:

#20 ·
Thanks! That A5 is about a year or two newer than I am. :smile: It used to belong to a friend of mine's father. He used to take me along on goose/duck outtings with his son (my dad wasn't into birds). When he passed away about 15 years ago the fun kind of went out of it for his son, and my friend wanted the old shotty to go to some one who would use it.

Old Terry was a good man and it's nice to have a reminder of hunts gone by when I'm out in the field.

RC

#22 ·
I hear you on modifying those old barrels. I couldn't bring myself to do it to this one (original was a 32" ribbed) but fortunately the invector+ barrels fit and a I got a smokin' deal on a 28" NIB one with 3 chokes at a local gun show. ($200CAN) So the old one went into the grease the new came out of and I'm chuckin' steel like a madman. :smile:

This one has weathered the past 40+ years pretty well, engraving is still sharp and there isn't a spot of rust on her. A couple of minor dings in the finish on the stock but that's about it. I'm also on the look out for a 16 or 20 for my young daughter- she's a huntin' fool. :smile:

RC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.