My New Old PS Olt #66

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

My New Old PS Olt #66

Postby nmbrinkman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:32 am

Just won the bidding on a (what looks) clean and functioning PS Olt Model 66.

I'm always paranoid about eBay as I think I'm a victim of a shill bidder who's just jacking up the price but that's neither here nor there. I just wanted the call. I'm excited to check it out. Not sure if it's gonna be a shelf call or on my lanyard. Depends how it sounds when I use it I guess. My hunting partner has one of the old, old D2s. It's actually just labeled with PS Olt, Peckin, Ills, and the trade mark number. Nice call. He uses it every trip. Anyhow, just wanted to brag a little bit.
Last edited by nmbrinkman on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
nmbrinkman
hunter

Re: My New Old PS Olt #66

Postby cluckmeister » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:54 am

nmbrinkman wrote:Just won the bidding on a (what looks) clean and functioning PS Olt Model 66.

I'm always paranoid about eBay as I think I'm a victim of a shill bidder who's just jacking up the price but that's neither here nor there. I just wanted the call. I'm excited to check it out. Not sure if it's gonna be a shelf call or on my lanyard. Depends how it sounds when I use it I guess. My hunting partner has one of the old, old D2s. It actually just labeled with PS Olt, Peckin, Ills, and the trade mark number. Nice call. He uses it every trip. Anyhow, just wanted to brag a little bit.

I believe I bid on that very call, I was busy and didn'tt get to do any final bidding, what did u end up getting it for.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby nmbrinkman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:04 am

It got pushed up to $63... A little more than I wanted to spend but I had to have it. I'm not an expert on the going rate for these calls so I don't know if I got a deal or not. Either way, I'm excited to have a piece of waterfowl history.
nmbrinkman
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:58 pm

nmbrinkman wrote:It got pushed up to $63... A little more than I wanted to spend but I had to have it. I'm not an expert on the going rate for these calls so I don't know if I got a deal or not. Either way, I'm excited to have a piece of waterfowl history.

I have one on my lanyard and have used it about 25 years, they seem to age and sound better as the years roll by. Going price for a NOS call is usually between 45 and 65 bucks depending on whos watching ebay. I bought one last yast year for 52.

There is a goose call that matches it, its a number 77, they go for about the same price. They also show up on ebay quite often and one would be an nice addition to you call collection
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby jellotree » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:05 am

I have one of those 66 calls. It's never been uses, bit the box is gone. Also have a well hunted Olt L22 goose call. Was thinking of putting them both up on eBay.
jellotree
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:27 pm

jellotree wrote:I have one of those 66 calls. It's never been uses, bit the box is gone. Also have a well hunted Olt L22 goose call. Was thinking of putting them both up on eBay.

\\

Id guess you probably could get around 35 without the box IF the call is in new shape and the Olt sticker is intact
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby 007 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Very nice. I'm an Olt fan myself and own 3 of them.
Right after they went out of business I freaked out and bid on a double-reed Olt on eBay and got it for $35 shipped.

Great looking and sounding calls in my opinion.

hunter

Postby marsh water » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:07 am

I Have a 66 that i got at an old antique store in downtown Mckinney, tx for 5.00. Great unused little call. I dont use it because I dont like the way the mouth piece is made. I have had a few D2's. We used to cut down the keyhole calls with a file. I still have a couple. I also have an A-50 goose flute with the reed shaved a little. They are some really good sounding calls too. Very throaty. I have one call I cant seem to find a value on. Its a Royal goose call. A woman I knew several yrs ago gave it to me. I will try to put pics on here later today. Its a beautiful call with a wide brass band with Royal 78 engraved on it. I called for Chic Majors calls for a while, but they were made by Don Cahil, Chics son in law. But he gave me several Chic calls and a Herb Parsons model. Unfortunately, they have disappeared since a divorce. That and a 1 of 25 signed Sophie Majors call make me want to cry when I think about them. Oh well.
marsh water
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum