Most Embarassing / Funny Thing Your Dog Has Ever Done to You

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Postby mfetter » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:54 am

:toofunny:
mfetter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:28 am

Greg that sounds like horses for you. Always thinking about their next meal. I have never seen an animal that could eat like them.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:30 am

Alright I've got a good one that happened today. I had my most embarassing moment with my older dog today. I had a guy parked up along a gravel road watching me. This guy has two labs, and one of them from what I could tell is a darn good dog, so he knows his stuff. Anyway, I'm throwing about 60 yard marks for her and I accidentally threw one in some really thick grass. She really isn't ready for this, but I thought I would see how she did. I can't see her in this cover so I'm walking back and forth trying to see her, and it's taking quite some time for her to come out with the Dokken. Meanwhile another truck pulls in to watch (another dog guy I might add.) Both of them I'm sure could see her where they were parked. After about three minutes, I walk over and find her laying down in the grass. :oops: I'm sure both of those guys had a pretty good laugh watching me trying to locate her and them knowing that she was just laying in the grass. Needless to say I was a little embarassed! Oh well just another day of training.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:33 am

I had my dog piss on a pile of about 15 greenheads this year that he had retrieved. I heard him peeing and looked back and saw him lifting his leg on the pile of ducks. I guess he was just showing them who was boss????
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:07 pm

Sounds like duck soup to me 98. :yes:
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:53 pm

No competing with the Swamp Pup, but....

A friend of mine had just gotten married and as part of the package, he inherited a lab mix male dog. He called it his dog-in-law.

As you probably guessed, the dog-in-law didn’t like my friend. The dog would get jealous and especially upset if he was at all amorous with his new bride. In fact, the dog would just sit on the side of the bed and give him the evil eye when ever they got in bed.

One night, my friend gets up to go to the bathroom and upon return, smells dog dung. He flips on the bed side light and the dog-in-law has “backed out a sewer pickle” right on his pillow.

Crate training followed shortly.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby gahunter » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:22 pm

That's hillarious and freaking disgusting. I believe I would have beaten the crap out of that dog. :hammering:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:26 pm

That will leave a mark.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby duckcrazy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:14 am

Thats funny I had a one close to the crap story but mine was with fresh cow crap and the land owner.

I have abetter one though. I was going hunting for doves and was driving my honda crx. So my dog was setting in the frount seat next to me.
I went by mecd's for something to eat. I ordered and drove up to the
windo to pay and get my food. Will i was setting there the girl at the windo started lafing. I ask her what was funny and she turn red and pionted at my dog. Well guess what he was setting there with a bonner. I allmost died :eek:

I got my order and drove off a fast as i could. :laughing: :withstupid:
duckcrazy
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:16 am

AHHHH THE OL LIPSTICK

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:49 pm

ACEBLDRS wrote:That will leave a mark.

Yup, a brown one.

A few years back I had Casey running around at the boat landing and I took a walk, well he was full of pizz and vinegar, so he was kicking up his heals big time understandably. I did not think too much of it when he ran off loafing as he normally comes back. Well after a while I called for him. Nothing. Then I low whislted. nothing. Then I high whistled loudly, still nothing. So off I go looking for him. He is nowhere to be found. So I get to my truck and start driving the roads whistling, still nothing. Then the phone rings, he guy goes, are you the owner of Golden? I says yes. He says well I'm at such and such and I'm thinking-heck that is 15 miles from here, how did he get 15 miles in 1/2 hour??? :eek: He says where are you, I tell him and we meet 1/2 way. Turns out Casey decided to jump into his Van for a ride without bothering to ask the guy if it was Ok. He is driving along and Casey had climbed up into the passenger seat in front-he damned near drove off the road! Anyway, that is when he called me. (id on collar) He was at the boat landing taking a pee and Casey had jumped in the open van door and crawled up to a A/C vent to cool off and stayed there for 20 minutes or so until he figured he should get a better view from the front seat. Well we both had a good laugh about it.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ACEBLDRS » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:53 pm

H2O, the best part of that story is that you found your dog.

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Previous

Return to Hunting Dog Forum