Duck Hunting Forum banner

Rogers hevi metal sale

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  hamernhonkers 
#1 ·
Don't miss the 10 day sale at Rogers on the hottest spreader load on the market! With the $25 EMI rebate it's only $1 a round for a guaranteed 30 yard kill. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
For you fellas that can't hit birds over 30 yds , this could be a great load for you ?
If this is to far , try the Heavy Steel and you will be surprised how far your money goes !

Otherwise , just shoot plain old Steel shot if you have shots out past the decoys , with a full payload in the shell .

#3 ·
3200 man said:
Otherwise , just shoot plain old Steel shot if you have shots out past the decoys , with a full payload in the shell .
Actually, my understanding is that the Hevi Steel loads being offered at $146/case shipped to your door are plain old steel. That pretty much puts it on a par with some of the other standard round steel loads, at least price wise. I don't know how they will pattern, but I would expect that they should be as good as Kents, Dryloks and HyperSteel. And for you speed freaks, it appears they're offering a 1 1/4oz 3 inch load at 1500fps. If it isn't typical Hevi Shot marketing hype, it might not be a bad load.

Frank

#9 ·
3200 man said:
On another site rumor has this steel shot at 9.2 density........what goes ?

Another false statement or advertising........I don't want to condemn EMI if their trying to be honest ! :huh:
That's the old stuffs density. Someone's spreading false info.

#10 ·
3200 man said:

Another false statement or advertising........I don't want to condemn EMI if their trying to be honest ! :huh:
Just steel, the folks at hevi shot have been up front with this from the beginning.

Fellas if you don't like it don't shoot it...Its killed a lot of ducks and geese for me over the last 5 years.

#11 ·
SPatrick said:
3200 man said:

Just steel, the folks at hevi shot have been up front with this from the beginning.

Fellas if you don't like it don't shoot it...Its killed a lot of ducks and geese for me over the last 5 years.
Shaun,

The problem is when original Hevi Steel came out it actually was "heavier" than regular steel due to it's tungsten powder blend.

IMO, it was the overall best non-toxic cartridge I have ever used when you compare it's lethality (over regular steel) and price point (over the 12gm+/cc stuff) and then, it was gone.

You well know how many people opined for it's return especially if it could compare (pricewise) to current steel loads vs. the heavy stuff.

Then, when EMI announces the return of Hevi Steel, everyone got their hopes up only to be disappointed to the level of anger that EMI chose to package regular steel in their "old" Hevi Steel labelling.

That, my dear young friend, is about as close to fraudulent advertisement (if not already crossing the line) as you can get and the basis for so much negativity being shown toward EMI as frankly, we've been had. :rolleyes:

#12 ·
The real deal hevi steel!

The new marketing joke.

The over priced spreader load.

Shaun correct me if I am wrong but you have never used the true original hevi steel?

I have used it along with most of your company's products until the good old switch a roo they pulled with the original hevi shot. I would probably still be using the products but burn me once and.................

#13 ·
No I shot original hevi steel, and have managed to dig out a box or two from guys cleaning out ammo cabinets in the last couple years as well. When I was talking with my staff manager a couple weeks back at Roger's, I discussed the name issue with him, and let him know that it had rubbed some folks the wrong way. He said they understood how that could cause an issue for some folks, but since they already owned the name, and since it was just steel, they would rather use the name they owned, and spend less money than going out and getting another name copyrighted...(is that a word???) just thought I would let y'all know.

#14 ·
SPatrick said:
No I shot original hevi steel, and have managed to dig out a box or two from guys cleaning out ammo cabinets in the last couple years as well. When I was talking with my staff manager a couple weeks back at Roger's, I discussed the name issue with him, and let him know that it had rubbed some folks the wrong way. He said they understood how that could cause an issue for some folks, but since they already owned the name, and since it was just steel, they would rather use the name they owned, and spend less money than going out and getting another name copyrighted...(is that a word???) just thought I would let y'all know.
Copywrit...that's how we say it in Missourah.

That sounds like a lame excuse, they can't tell me they didn't know people would bite off on it being the same as the previous shell, with the exact same name.

#15 ·
Lol thank you, I typed that and erased it about 5 times...

That the face to face answer I was given, Mike (my staff manger) knows me pretty well, and is a pretty straight shooter, just wanting to give you the info I have been told.

#16 ·
Might be a lame excuse, but apparently it's done all the time. In fact, when Browning "reintroduced" (read recycled) the A5 a couple of years ago there were very few concerns on these pages.

Frank

#17 ·
With all the frustration by users and former users I wonder how many customers EMI have lost over this and if they even care given the cavalier answer they gave St Patrick.
Lost

#18 ·
Frank Lopez said:
Might be a lame excuse, but apparently it's done all the time. In fact, when Browning "reintroduced" (read recycled) the A5 a couple of years ago there were very few concerns on these pages.

Frank
Im kind of with Frank on this deal, Now if they wouldn't have been letting folks know it was steel from the start, there is a legit beef there, but they have been upfront from the beginning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.