central AZ ducks

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

central AZ ducks

Postby waterfowlslayer » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:08 pm

i went out yesterday and today down near horseshoe lake blasted a couple but not a whole lot. im just looken for a decent spot near carefree/cave creek to go out for a day. looken for some nice ducks and if possible some canadians. any help on this would be much appreciated.
waterfowlslayer
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:12 pm

I'd help if I could, but i'm looking for the same. Haven't had time to scout much this year. Good luck and let me know when you find them.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby waterfowlslayer » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:09 pm

well went out again this morning and i wont say the exact spot but ill give the general location. my buddy and i went up on the verde river between horseshoe and bartlett lakes. i found probably one of the nicest spots ive ever seen nice and secluded. we took the flatbottom duck boat i have out and launched it out just before dawn this morning. i filled my limit on mallards and my partner bagged 4 male mallards. i can say the hunting up their is great lots of ducks if you hunt it right. only thing you really need to watch for is the eagle closure area. if you stop at the ranger station on bartlett lake road they have it mapped out for you. plenty of ducks in the area and an over abundance of coot. watch when your boating and where your shooting though we saw 7 different otters throughout the day
waterfowlslayer
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting