some real sportsmen on this site

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

some real sportsmen on this site

Postby 6x6pinz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:40 pm

My hunting buddy and I got a second chance to go down to Yuma and hunt with desertducks of this forum. We had a fabulous time again. It is good to meet some real sportsmen who are willing to take new guys out and show them the ropes. We actually manage to get our first Pintail. Unfortunately mine got into the reeds before I could retreive it but my buddy is very excited about his. I have not seen such a variety of ducks around Phoenix. If memory serves me correct we have taken seven different varieties this year. This sure can be one addicting sport.
Thanks to you again Desertducks
Mike
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:51 pm

Good to hear you have met some good people. I wish I were more available this year. But it has been a rough one for me. Next season will be better.

It is amazing what you will see in AZ. I have shot all 3 teal varieties here, cans, read heads, golden eye, buffle head, ringers, blue bills, pintails, wigeon, gadwall, mallards, spoonies, I think thats all of them. I have seen hooded mergies, and common mergies, wood ducks and mexican ducks while hunting. I know of the general location of some tree ducks supposedly. I plan on looking for them next season. And I saw a eurasion wigeon on a golf course last season.

There are ducks here, just got to go find them.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:16 pm

I did not know we had so many varieties of ducks that move through AZ. I saw a couple of cinnamon teal but did not get a shot at them. Of course the wood duck would be nice also. If this keeps up I will need to get into taxidermy. The set set (M/F ) of buffle heads and the hooded merganzer we picked up early in the season are going to make nice additions to the other mounts. I guess one of the largest problems with this sport is the cost of the mounts of the really nice birds. There should be a warning to all newcomers that this can be a costly sport, expecially if you like to get birds mounted. :wink:
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:53 pm

I know what you mean. I have these on the wall. And

this in the freezer. And

The front one in the freezer.

ut gets spendy. LOL.

heres a pic of my ugly mug incase you run into me.

Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Re: some real sportsmen on this site

Postby Infamous20 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:48 am

6x6pinz wrote:My hunting buddy and I got a second chance to go down to Yuma and hunt with desertducks of this forum. We had a fabulous time again. It is good to meet some real sportsmen who are willing to take new guys out and show them the ropes. We actually manage to get our first Pintail. Unfortunately mine got into the reeds before I could retreive it but my buddy is very excited about his. I have not seen such a variety of ducks around Phoenix. If memory serves me correct we have taken seven different varieties this year. This sure can be one addicting sport.
Thanks to you again Desertducks
Mike

Just wanted to say thanks to you for taking me out several times I know if you didnt meetup with me I would not have had as much fun as I have had everytime I go out.

Thanks again,

Hope we get out a couple more times before season ends.
Mike

“If it flies, it dies, and if it just sits there, it dies too!”
Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:02 pm

what about Saturday? I am going to get out somewhere. Maybe down to Yuma if DesertDucks is open for visitors.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:09 pm

That is fine as long as it is a day trip got to be somewhere sunday... :thumbsup:

I would like to see yuma havent really ever been there except to get gas...
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:12 pm

I also have to be back on Sunday. Time to slaughter a couple of lambs for the party next week. Should be a good time. We are going to have lamb, duck, turkey, pig and hopefully buffalo, oh yeah and lots of home brew beer.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:18 pm

Soooo when should I be there? lol :cheers:

Sounds like alot of fun whats the party for? :party:

When will you know about this weekend?
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Saturday depends on DD. If we go to Yuma then I can stop by and pick you up. I usually head out of here around 5:00a which would put me at the Circle K at 5:45A and then off to Yuma.

The party is actually the following weekend. It is just an excuse to get together and have some good food and of course drink. If you have the time you should bring the gal and stop by.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:36 pm

Ok kool sounds good to me. I cant wait to go shooting again... :skeet:

Just let me know what day and time and ill try to make the party... :drinking:
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:55 pm

I can't wait either. I want to try out my new duck gun. It is getting near the end of the season and desperate times call for desperate measures.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby rem310 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:36 am

Whats up guys? Well to start things off i am very interested in duck hunting Arizona. i was born and raised in a small town in Wisconsin, and was spoiled. (had private land to hunt on for ducks) it limited me to mallards and wood ducks and the occasional GW teal. i live down in tucson but i am more than willing to dive but because i work nights saturday mornings are usually rough. i have 30 mallard decoys and can call ok. ( i didnt scare them off while i was home). was wondering if you guys could point me in a good direction to go out , or if anyone would care if i would tag along? let me know.
Corey
rem310
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:18 am

Have you went out anywhere in the tucson area? I wouldnt see why you couldnt tag along, we always need someone to carry the boat... :rofl:
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:41 am

REM310
Can I assume the username is the make/model of your shotgun?
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby rem310 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:50 pm

infamous, sunday i tried to go to picacho. i say tried cuz i failed to bring a good map and a guy i used to work with told me it was easy to get to. you just go up 87 and take a right onto a dirt road. i think i drove on every road except the one i needed to. thats about it. got me a new map, so ill try again. i did see about a dozen ducks flying around overhead. i did hear it was dry but i figured there might be a couple potholes with the rain it got there. and i am more than willing to pull my weight, if ya'll invite me out

6x6, remington spr 310 over under, just got it for Christmas.
rem310
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:54 pm

I usually go out and hunt with 6x6 so its up to him but i could careless i always enjoy meeting new people... and hey maybe someday you can take us out and show us around in tucson or maybe we could show you around out there to you never know...

oh and :welcome: to DHC.
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:03 pm

Heck ya always welcom new faces.
You will be very happy with the 310. I have had one in 410 for a few years now and picked up the 12 in November. Really like the way they work. Infamous can tell you we hunt with a guy with a Ruger red Label ($1,200 gun) and he has nothing but problems with rounds being ejected. He has actually just started hunting with his Stoeger sxs. What a step down, but at least it works.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:18 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: My beretta hasnt felled me yet... but i cant wait to get a second gun for back up cause i know it will jam this weekend... :rolleyes:

I need a gun like this... :gatgun: lol

Just let us know when you can come out and play there is only a couple more weekends left so ya gota hurry...

just pm either one of us and we can meet up someplace
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Mike
This is what my Saiga can do when modified
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xaLLj-XbQRY

And here it is in some crude test
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jugmbARIVtM

Got to love or at least respect russian guns
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:56 pm

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=25769593

i need to find where this is and borrow your new duck gun... :rofl:
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby rem310 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:35 am

i am happy with it so far. it is a little heavier to swing than im used to, but im adjusting to it pretty good. i shoot a beretta back home. but i keep that there cuz i still go home to hunt each year and transporting guns back and forth just gets to be to much to carry.
rem310
hunter

killing time

Postby desertducks » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:10 am

Tues,Thurs,Friday is open for killing if anyone is interested
desertducks
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:24 am

Don
Up here or down there? I am open for Thrus or Friday.
Mike
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby desertducks » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:07 pm

if its ok down here I found some Bull Cans i want to shoot
desertducks
hunter

Next

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting