NAS Oceana Skeet Range

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

NAS Oceana Skeet Range

Postby k9horseluvr » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:35 pm

And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby Duckmaster44 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:56 pm

ill be there for sure. iv been wantin to try it out or some time .
Dirty South Outdoors
Duckmaster44
hunter

nice

Postby afman87 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:19 pm

cool lets make a day of it.
afman87
hunter

Postby Cookie the rookie » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:29 pm

Hey K9 cant make it on the 1st....But set something up aprilish and well show you that our rides come your way to :thumbsup:
Now getcha SHINE-BOX.......
Cookie the rookie
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:34 pm

Sounds like a plan Cookie :thumbsup:
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby LEWDOG » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:17 am

The VAWFA had a shoot there a few years ago , I was there and really enjoyed myself . I would love to shoot there again but not sure about whether it is open to the public . K9 do you know the answer to that ? I am retried Civil service will that help me to get on a shoot ? Last if I can shoot there are y'all still going on march 1st , what is the cost and do you have room in your group for one more ?

:help: LD :help:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:03 pm

Hey LD. I'm trying to find some of that info out but haven't been able to get ahold of the guy in charge of this operation. I will keep trying and relay the info. You coming there to shoot should not be a problem since you will be a guest of me. :yes: Not sure who all is going to be shooting but there is definitely a spot with me. I'm sure AFMAN will be there. Not sure of anyone else. I'll be giving you a call sometime this weekend to talk about some other things. Will you be available?
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby LEWDOG » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:41 pm

Sounds good about the shoot and seeing you and AFMAN . Yes I will be here all weekend and do want to talk about things .

:smile: LD :smile:
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:25 am

Alright. I have some information on the range. The 1st is a publicity day and to reintroduce the range to the public. They are having food and such and depending on the crowd probably not much shooting. They will be giving the course on range safety which you will need before shooting at the range. Cost is $5.5o per round for military/retired. If you buy an annual membership which costs 40 or 45 bucks then you will get rounds for 3.50. Civilians can shoot at the range as a guest one time and after that they will have to be members at a cost of 75 bucks for the year. Membership includes some other benefits but I didn't get into those. Let me know if anyone has any other questions.
K9
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:50 am

depending on the crowd probably not much shooting
with that being said would you and AFMAN want to go to this event instead ?
7th Annual Chesterfield Ducks Unlimited Fun Shoot
March 1, 2008
Rain Date March 8,2008
Registration 8:15am
Shooting Starts 9:00am
Old Forge Sporting Clays In Providence Forge Va
$55.00 Per Shooter $220.00 Four Person Team Includes 100 Targets, Bbq Lunch & Beverages, And A Ducks Unlimited Membership For All Current Non Members.

Please Bring 4 Boxes Of 71/2, 8,or 9 Lead Shells Ear And Eye Protection. All These Items Can Be Purchased At The Clubhouse.

For More Information Please Contact

Dale Singleton 804 560 0811
My Civil service retried card has expired so I want to get a new one before going on any base .
We could plan to do the NAS Oceana Skeet Range on another day when we know we can shoot . The course on range safety is that given anytime or is that first day a one time thing ? We will talk more about all of this come the weekend when you call .

:smile: LD :smile:
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby Get You Some » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:09 pm

I am going to head out there also, its close enough and duck seasons over-see you fellas there-
There is just something about climbing out of bed at four in the morning and Freezing your Kahuna's off that you cant seem to explain to some people-
Get You Some
hunter

Return to Military Forum