Becoming an Outdoors Woman in Virginia

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Becoming an Outdoors Woman in Virginia

Postby Srmn8r » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:54 pm

Hope it's okay to post this here!

Great opportunity to experience lots of outdoor activities with other like minded women aged 18+. Event is April 4-6, 2008 in Appomattox, VA. Activities include courses in ATV, Backpacking, Fly Casting, Freshwater Fishing, Kayaking, GPS, Map & Compass, Outdoor Cooking, Wilderness Survival and much, much more! In addition the VAWFA (Virginia Waterfowlers Association) will present a waterfowling seminar on Friday night!

For more information, contact the Virginia Outdoor Education Program at 804-367-0656 or email Jimmy.Mootz@dgif.virginia.gov
"The one thing I want to leave my children, is a good name." - Teddy Roosevelt
Srmn8r
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:12 am

Oh that sucks. I just had a whole reply typed up and deleted it on accident. :tongue:

Anywho... I was saying that the event sounds like a lot of fun!

I attended a Women in the Outdoors last fall and had an absolute blast. I even had the ladies running it, trying to recruit me to help with the next one. I still just may. :)

I'm totally pumped up, I'm going on my first pheasant hunt next month through BOW. I've always wanted to try pheasant hunting and now I can! And I'm trying to decide which spring WITO event I want to attend. There's a wilderness survival camp, a weekend self-defense workshop, and a paintball day (which would be an absolute riot). Too bad I can't afford all of them. :)
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum