Hows everyone doing?

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Hows everyone doing?

Postby Mallyard » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:28 pm

So hows everyone lately? Got any questions about the upcoming season?maybe I could help? My Lab just had a litter of 12 pups... there beautiful. All choco.. From good stock. Were going to keep one, so here in a few months i'll be busy training... how fun, no it really is a blast. :yes: Well like I said got any questions just let me know. Or if you just wanna talk let me know :mrgreen: ... I want to see this fourm hoppin :thumbsup: ..

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:45 pm

Hey Mallyard when you go hunting and setup decoys how do you set them up? In a C or U or something else?
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:26 pm

Hey mallardhunter. Hows it going?

I usualy set my decoys out in 2 groups. One to my left and one to my right. Some times it the wind is weird, we set them up in a C or sideways V... just make sure the ducks wont have to fly over alot of decoys to land in the landing zone. Now it I'm hunting thick shallow marsh, or a flooded field. I'll just throw them out there. In real shallow water you don't need a pattern.

Last year we where hunting some flooded weeds that were about ankle to calf deep in water. We threw the decoys out any old way and shot lots of ducks. But in open water the setups I mentioned before work great. Every once in a while a J pattern will do the trick also. Hope this proves helpful.

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:43 pm

I am doing great. I was thinking of setting them up like that also. Now that you said that I will try it now. Thanks :thumbsup:
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby hoosier dhr » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:01 pm

Doing great here. Went to the tent sale at cabelas sat. and got some new gear. I am training a pup (7 month old black lab) and shes doing good, seems to be a natural her parents are show dogs w/hunting titles her grandfather a grand champ i dont really know much about that stuff, but it souds good, trying to be patient and take my time with her. Cant wait for the season. :getdown:
leave it better than you found it!!!
Go Canes
hoosier dhr
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting