Duck Hunting Forum banner

Decoy Paint Kits?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  texan68 
#1 ·
what kits do you guys use for your mallards? we have 2 doz G&H mag mallards that need some new paint.....which do you guys perfer to make them look like original G&H's? Also what do you guys suggest to use on water goose decoy heads because their heads are looking kinda dull and i need something to fill my time this summer! and if you guys suggest flocking which kind? and will it withstand water and being put into decoy bags? or will i have to "baby" the heads?

thankx boys!

#2 ·
I do not have the patience to do a really good paint job on them, so I buy new dekes every few years and replace them before they need paint. :mrgreen: G&H has the best paint adhesion decoy on the market from my many years of using many brands. Sorry but I can not be of help on the paint kits.

As for flocking, definately use an oil based glue - not latex. I still think the Black Widow brand is the best out there - it is the original flocking Co. And yes you will need to baby them if you want the flocking to look good for as long as possible. Throwing decoys on top of the flocked heads really scuffs them up. I recommend taking the heads off and putting them in a seperate small decoy bag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.