Invite a Military Service Member to your Duck Blind

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

Re: Invite a Military Service Member to your Duck Blind

Postby Beerswimmer » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:33 am

I'm also a Coastie. AST2 in Kodiak, I'm the duck hunter in the shop if you want to know who I am! I'd welcome anyone here to come and hunt seaducks up here with me!
Beerswimmer
hunter

Postby hogfan88 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:23 pm

MacMan wrote:Hey man, what's the biggest city that you are near?

Hey man i am near shreveport is the closest. Back home for me is olive branch. i know you know where that is at. I am taking leave for 16 days to hunt back home and some in AR. and ill also be home the whole week of new years too.
hogfan88
hunter

Postby gonehuntindd » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:22 pm

Wow, I was just surfing the internet trying to find a place in NC to hunt and stumbled on this thread. I just got stationed at Pope AFB and I am lost. Back in New Mexico I had a hunting buddy who brought the decoys, calls and experience. I brought the dog and a gun. I am getting my Drahthaar back from the trainer in 2 weeks but I have no where to take her and no ability to call ducks/geese in. If anyone needs a well trained dog in their blind please PM me. The more real experience my dog can get the better. I tried the link at the top of this thread but it just keeps re-directing me back to the forum home page.
gonehuntindd
Newb

Postby TopGunMich » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:38 am

Michigan here.. Any military veterans are always welcome. Maybe, some Dept of Transportation/HomeSec... civilians!!!! :grooving:
STIMULUS PKG THAT WOULD WORK: PUT A $1000 DOLLAR REWARD ON THE 15 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY, $2500 ON DRUG DEALERS, & $5000 ON TERROIST, $10000 ON POLITICANS !!!!!!
TopGunMich
hunter

Postby magnum11 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:58 pm

gonehuntindd wrote:Wow, I was just surfing the internet trying to find a place in NC to hunt and stumbled on this thread. I just got stationed at Pope AFB and I am lost. Back in New Mexico I had a hunting buddy who brought the decoys, calls and experience. I brought the dog and a gun. I am getting my Drahthaar back from the trainer in 2 weeks but I have no where to take her and no ability to call ducks/geese in. If anyone needs a well trained dog in their blind please PM me. The more real experience my dog can get the better. I tried the link at the top of this thread but it just keeps re-directing me back to the forum home page.

Hey gonehuntindd, I'm currently deployed to Iraq but I'm stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC. I will be home early December. I plan on doing a bunch of duck hunting when I get back. I would be glad to take you with me. I've been hunting the swamps around central NC for the last few years but I plan on doing some coastal hunting this year. If you need any decoys to use this year before I get back just let me know, I would be glad to let you borrow some.

This is an awesome topic. I've been hunting my whole life but took up duck hunting 5 years ago. I've never had the opportunity to do any goose hunting yet, except for the random goose that is dumb enough to land in my mallard decoys. So if there is anyone along the east coast that would be willing to let me tag along with them on a goose hunt in late December or January I would be thrilled. By the way, I bow hunt too, but I'll be home to late this year, maybe next year???

SGT Magnuson
44th Medcom, 28th CSH, 432nd Blood Support Detachment
magnum11
hunter

Postby Trigger10 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Central & Southern Illinios duck, goose, spring turkey. My hunting partner and I are fellow Vets. Were always on the water or in the woods. Have duck blind and plenty of area to hunt. We'll be happy to take fellow service members hunting. Ruck up, catch a hop to Scott AFB, IL
Trigger10
Newb

Postby hogfan88 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Would love to get into some specks this year if anyone in arkansas or louisiana would like to let me tag along. USAF stationed in shreveport bossier city
hogfan88
hunter

Postby gofishing182 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:13 pm

hey guys,
im in northeastern mass and would love to invite anybody in the service out to my blind. I hunt the salt marshes in my boat alot for ducks and geese but also hunt some fields, ponds,lakes and do some upland pheasant near my home. Just shoot me a pm if youd like to give it a try.
let the wind be at our backs, let our props never hit bottem and let are reels scream . . . .
gofishing182
hunter

Postby takeakidhuntin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:54 pm

MO turkey, KS turkey, AR duck, AR Deer
takeakidhuntin
Newb

Postby bluebilldays » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:50 pm

I am an avid waterfowler from Ohio, and got stationed (Navy) down here in Alabama.. I know it is too late for some ducks and was wondering if anyone here could help me bag my first turkey this year. Any offers of suggestions would be greatfull. Thanks you, and it is nice to see all of you guys helping out the military. It gets frustrating when just as you have some great places to hunt or find them you get tranferred out to somewhere else. Brad
Seabees can do! (NMCB 40) Fighting Forty
bluebilldays
hunter

Postby relocatedduckman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Bluebill, Come up to Tennessee. I'll help you get a longbeard!! I'm disabled navy so I always want to help a fellow navy guy.
relocatedduckman
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:56 pm

if any military member wants to turkey hunt, in missouri, drop me a message
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby patrick.carrington » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:11 pm

If anyone would like to take a navy recruiter out snow goose hunting, I would love to go. I am in Michigan right now but I will drive anywhere for a weekend or day trip. We dont have a conservation season and I would really like to kill some snows. I'll trade you for a trip up here to kill ducks and geese on lake Michigan shoreline (awesome mixed bag shooting). :beer:
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter

Postby zippyduck » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Anyone near W. Pa. is more than welcome to join me for ducks in Erie or geese around SW Pa. I have 3 sons in the military that miss it, so I know how you guys feel.
zippyduck
hunter

Postby lumpy2181 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Hey everyone, USMC Sergeant here that would like to get into some snow geese next spring as I will be missing all of duck season this year (Thanks a lot Bin Laden). I am currently stationed in California which, last I heard, has no spring snow goose season so I need somewhere to go when I get back. I can't afford a guide due to a baby on the way and doing my best to save for a house where ever I get stationed next. I can get myself there and have my own equipment minus deeks. If anyone is willing to help a brother out, I would be much appreciative and from what my wife says, there are a ton of hogs and turkeys at my mother in law's farm back in FL so maybe we can work a deal for me to take someone along down there... who knows. Have a great season for me this year and post as many pics as possible, i'll be living my season thru you guys this time around.

Thanks,

Will
Bgold wrote:... I don't think we're doing it right though and my butt sure hurts...

That's what she said!!!
lumpy2181
hunter

Postby relocatedduckman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Will, if you will fly out to Arkansas I'll take you out next year! License is free for conservation season. So let me know if your avail.
relocatedduckman
hunter

Postby diversdown06 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Im a MP at Ft Campbell, if any one wants to get together next season let me know.
diversdown06
Newb

Postby airborneduckhunter » Wed May 05, 2010 8:52 am

Hey y'all, I am a U.S. Army Airborne Infantryman stationed at Fort Polk, LA. Would love to do any kind of hunt and willing to travel.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby af_tt » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:17 pm

I am active Army in South Alabama ( Fort Rucker ). Moved here from Fort Campbell don't know how good the hunt is here... Looking for good people to hunt with! :thumbsup:
af_tt
hunter

Postby IA QuackWacker » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:37 am

hey guys coming home from the sandbox in a month or so. were spoused to get leave in late aug or sept for 30 days and would love to do some more hunting in the mid west!! really missin it!! originally from NE Iowa and got stationed at Ft. Drum upstate NY! let me know if youve got an extra seat in the blind! really mad i had to miss last years duck and goose season!! thanks guys!
TEAM WEBFOOT EXTREME
IA QuackWacker
hunter

Postby Itflysitdys » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Hey everyone, i am a local coast guard petty officer. I have been in a little over 6 years and have had my share of opportunities to hunt places. I live in southern maryland and would love to either trade some hunts with people, go some where or even take you out myself. I am huge into duckhunting, goose hunting, and deer hunting. If anyone is interested let me know, its always great to find new hunting partners to share an experience with.
Itflysitdys
hunter

Postby bigblue0827 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:10 pm

I am a 2LT in the PA Army National Guard and a DoD Contractor. In the civilian side we build the Shadow line of Unmanned Aircraft. I am just getting into diver hunting along the Eastern Shore. I have a boat, 8 dozen new GHG duck decoys (divers + puddlers), dogs etc. I am looking for places to go! Send me a message if you want to possibly work something out! We also have a pretty awesome field setup for honkers, mainly hunt southern PA. Perhaps we could swap a Honker hunt in PA for a diver hunt along the shore. Thanks!
bigblue0827
hunter

Postby duckslayer1974 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:02 pm

I hunt the Marshes of New Orleans. I pass on divers down here but we have a lot of fun shooting teal and gadwalls. If you interested let me know.

Tommy Berthelot
duckslayer@comcast.net
5o4 415 7774
duckslayer1974
Newb

Postby P-RO » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Hey brothers Im a Army guy that guides in my off time. All VETS and wounded warriors are welcome to hunt with me or in my blinds free of charge. Just make sure your ready to drink a few beers after.
Nothing's better than smashin ducks with your best four legged friend!!!
P-RO
hunter

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Hey all,
I'm not in the service but would to take anyone in SE Wisconsin out for some ducks/geese/coyote! I'm probly a youngin by some of you (20) but if you don't mind it, leave me a pm or a line at 2623895114 looking forward to it!
Duncan
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09