Invite a Military Service Member to your Duck Blind

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

Re: Invite a Military Service Member to your Duck Blind

Postby T34418l3_1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:10 am

Hey I'm a GM2 in the navy stationed in Everett wa just north of Seattle lookin for someone to hunt with...I got all my own gear just wantin to duck hunt...if anyone could help I'd apreciate it...thanks
T34418l3_1
hunter

Postby TurtleNO » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:10 pm

I hunt ducks in the southeast Louisiana marsh. I don't have a lease, but have all the gear, boat, ect. If any vets or actives want to hunt with me, you are more than welcome to. I've shot quite a few ducks already this season with the majority being greys.
TurtleNO
hunter

Postby hammerhead85 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Would anybody like to invite me to my first duck hunt. I live in Carbon county PA. I'm home on leave till Jan 2nd. I have my own gun and shot. Avid turkey, goose, pheasant, squirrel hunter. Don't laugh, squirrels are great in a stew.

Bear
82nd ABN INF
2002-present

SFAS in FEB.
hammerhead85
Newb

Postby kr01641 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:04 pm

hello hunters, I am corporal keaton russell of the united states marine coprs infantry.0311.I have just gotten out of the marines and am looking for a place to hunt in Georgia. Unfortunately i am from atlanta and am not blessed with land. I am a huge hunter and hunt everything,especially waterfowl, but i have been kinda busy with this thing out east for a\the past 6 yrs if you know what i mean. If anyone can help please let me know. 404 454 5801 or reply back.thank yall
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), Winner Take Nothing
kr01641
hunter

Postby Grunt » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Hey guys, I'm a disabled vet here in MO. If any other vets/active guys want to get together to do some hunting I would game for that. I don't own any land but can get access for certains areas, or we can figure something out...former 5th group out of Campbell. Just drop me a line.
Grunt
hunter

Postby NewNYhunter » Sun May 22, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm active duty Army and just got stationed north of Albany, NY after my second deployment. I just got into waterfowl hunting this past season with my buddies dad in Missouri and now am stuck with no mentor or knowledge of where to hunt. Anyone willing to help out the new guy, it would be greatly appreciated. I have all my own equipment and even some decoys.
NewNYhunter
Newb

Postby P-RO » Sun May 29, 2011 7:19 pm

hey all im active duty army and just got stationed at eglin afb. if anyone wants a army guy to take out around here, the dog and id appreciate it
Nothing's better than smashin ducks with your best four legged friend!!!
P-RO
hunter

Postby FMFdevildoc » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:21 am

I am a former / current (reserve) Hospital Corpsman in the Navy.

I hunt Northern California & the Central Valley of California.

Not claiming to be a pro-staffer or paid guide material, but I do ok on hunts. Any veteran / active / reserve / guard... hell Coast Guard Auxiliary; whomever, if you're new to California or looking to expand your network PM me.

I hit waterfowl as hard as I can during season, dove, pheasant, quail, predators & big game. I also do high country trout fishing, usually do exceptionally well on trout.

Especially if you're new to the area / just PCS'D here I would be glad to get you out & on some critters (or try my best to). I know its hard after a PCS, deployment or separation to get back in the game.

I've got plenty of decoys & gear, a 16 foot boat, no dog unfortunately. Offer stands year round.
Why? One inquires why? Because, AMERICA !!
FMFdevildoc
hunter

Postby P-RO » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:28 am

gonehuntindd wrote:Wow, I was just surfing the internet trying to find a place in NC to hunt and stumbled on this thread. I just got stationed at Pope AFB and I am lost. Back in New Mexico I had a hunting buddy who brought the decoys, calls and experience. I brought the dog and a gun. I am getting my Drahthaar back from the trainer in 2 weeks but I have no where to take her and no ability to call ducks/geese in. If anyone needs a well trained dog in their blind please PM me. The more real experience my dog can get the better. I tried the link at the top of this thread but it just keeps re-directing me back to the forum home page.

try www.southern-waterfowl.com they have an awesome spot just outside of fayetteville
Nothing's better than smashin ducks with your best four legged friend!!!
P-RO
hunter

Postby byrddog02 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:07 am

Hi FMFdevildoc

I have recently PCS'D to San Diego, I am a Sonar Tech in the United States Navy. I am having a tuff time finding duck hunters around here and I would jump at the oppurtunity to drive up and meet you for a hunt. Please let me know if we can work out some kind of deal. Thank you.

Brad
byrddog02
Newb

Postby KandFishChicken » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm

South Dakota ……All branches are welcome…….Coastie family……pheasant hunts and trapping adventures are easy….waterfowl may take a bit of paperwork, but very doable……the door is never locked….just check in with the Chessie at the door and she will show you where you will bunk up.
KiloFoxtrotCharlie
KandFishChicken
hunter

Postby waterfowljunkie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Hello all I am in the Air Force and going to be PCSing to Davis-Monthan AFB in Tuscon Arizona here shortly and would love to get on some good hunts...I am an avid hunter and just love being in the blind with my pup and stomping through the woods with my bow. Anyone that would like to get together for a hunt, I would love to go!!
waterfowljunkie
hunter

Postby DOG18 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:44 pm

FMFdevildoc wrote:I am a former / current (reserve) Hospital Corpsman in the Navy.

I hunt Northern California & the Central Valley of California.

Not claiming to be a pro-staffer or paid guide material, but I do ok on hunts. Any veteran / active / reserve / guard... hell Coast Guard Auxiliary; whomever, if you're new to California or looking to expand your network PM me.

I hit waterfowl as hard as I can during season, dove, pheasant, quail, predators & big game. I also do high country trout fishing, usually do exceptionally well on trout.

Especially if you're new to the area / just PCS'D here I would be glad to get you out & on some critters (or try my best to). I know its hard after a PCS, deployment or separation to get back in the game.

I've got plenty of decoys & gear, a 16 foot boat, no dog unfortunately. Offer stands year round.

Hey FMFdevildoc,
My name is Ryan. I just got out of the Army and I'm recently back to northern CA from Alaska. I am huge into hunting and fishing.
I will be in the fresno area for the opening of dove season. If you wouldn't mind taking me out and around for duck season or any other hunting/fishing give me a shout. I have a 10 month old german short hair that is on his way to being a good hunting dog, but due to him being a knuckle head he would be duck hunting this year.

If anybody else in the northern CA or western OR (Salem area) would be willing to take a disabled vet out hunting or fishing please give me a shout. As I get access to land I would be more than happy to take an active duty service member or vet out hunting and fishing. I have a 14' aluminum fishing boat with motor. I also have current hunting/fishing licenses for CA, OR, and AK.
"DOC"
1st plt Dog co 3-509th Airborne
Afghanistan 09-10
DOG18
Newb

Postby FMFdevildoc » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:45 pm

I will be on temporary active duty September through March in the SF Bay Area. I have been a reservist (Navy Corpsman) for a few years and am even debating going back to the "big" Navy.

Anyhow, any military members reading this -

If you get stationed anywhere in Northern California, or are willing to make it down to the mid-state / Grasslands, drop me a line. Send me a PM and if I have any hunts coming up, I will gladly bring you along.

I hit waterfowl pretty hard the entire California season, along with Dove / Quail and occasional Pheasant trips. I also do population control shoots on rabbits and predators whenever I can. I mainly hunt public land, have a few private land permissions. I would gladly bring you along, I know how hard it is to be re-located on a PCS and not know where to go for some hunting. I also do a good deal of fishing, mainly trout. I have a decent amount of gear and usually pull quite a few reservations and make trips to the refuges regularly during the season.
FMFdevildoc
hunter

Postby Mean Gene » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Invite for far Northern California:

Any service member is welcome to hunt with me. I live in Yreka and hunt a couple different refuges, as well as local reservoirs. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Gene
Mean Gene
hunter

Postby MuttStaff47 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:19 am

Hey everyone!

My name is Chris i am currently stationed in North Carolina with the United States Coast Guard. Been in now for three years and i love killing ducks. If anyone is down for hunting with me i would greatly appreciate the help for a new guy.
MuttStaff47
hunter

Postby FMFdevildoc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:40 am

Byrddog / dog18 send me a PM & I'll get you my contact info
FMFdevildoc
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Gents,
i love this thread. as a vet, thanks to all for the offers. coming back to the states in late feb and will be checkin this again to see if anything is available in eastern NC. i never consider, and dont think any of my fellow Marines consider, what i do to be a huge sacrifice...more concerned with missing out on the outdoor opportunities back home! Thanks again for the support.
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby USNCPOquackaddict » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:03 pm

How bout in 2011, I see most of these posts are from 2009. Lets get this forum started back up. I'm active duty navy & completely addicted to duck & goose hunting. Living in so cal but but will travel for an invite! :beer:
Click, Bang, Splash, Repeat. Happy Happy.
USNCPOquackaddict
hunter

Postby Hawkeye76 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey I'm an E-3 in the USAF stationed in LA. I have all my gear, but nowhere to hunt other than on base. If any of ya'll are from around here and need a partner, hit me up.
When she asked me how drunk I was on a scale of 1-10, and I told her a B-, I knew it wasn't gonna go well....
HAIL STATE!!!
Credibility = Capability + Will
Rush Pike
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S
Hawkeye76
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Hawkeye,
I just moved away from Ft Polk, LA. My suggestion to you is get out and try to talk to people. It all depends on how for you want to travel. Head down towards Alexandria or anywhere along Red River. I have noticed that the further north in LA you are, the less likely some people will be willing to help. You could try across the line in AR. Hope this helps. Good luck.
P.S. Definitely check with the guys on the Louisiana board. Most of those guys are friendly.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Chicago area (Kane, Will, and Grundy Co. Also Laporte Co., IN) :welcome:

Any military service member is allowed in any of my fields. Just bring a gun. I'll take care of everything else.

Ducks, geese, snows, pheasants, rabbits, and turkey (IN).
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby backyardsniper » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:10 am

I live in western ky, just got out of the Army a few years ago. I love to duck hunt and I am looking hard for a place to go either one time or a club or lease. I have to say things like this are greatly appreciated by us military guys. Not just everyone takes time to offer a little thanks and maybe a perk or two like getting to go duck hunting. That is the things that guys are sacrificing that most people never think about. Not only is it time with our families and things like that but also thing we like to do. This was the first Deer season that i got to hunt an opening weekend in 8 years. So thanks to you fellas for thinking of us :thumbsup:
backyardsniper
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Sounds like a great thing. Any Vets or wounded warriors give me a push and we will work out a cast n blast or mountain duck shoot in WV.

SFC (RET) SEP 2011
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby duckindownsouth » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:04 am

Hello all, My name is Brian Carr and I am in the Navy stationed in NC. I have deployed to iraq and afghanistan 3 time in the last 5 years and i always find myself reading hunting magazines the whole time i am there. i am new to duck hunting and and going on my first hunt next week. I would like to thank everyone for opening up there boats and blinds and allowing us to share the hunt with you all. If anyone in the area would like to shares some hunting tips please share.

DOC :beer:
duckindownsouth
Newb

PreviousNext

Return to Swap Hunt Forum