Duck Hunting Forum banner

Just A Couple Questions...

658 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  firebird 
#1 ·
So, I am an idiot and I already knew that...
I got some preservitive for the feet, and it is the two part stuff. It doesnt really say, so I was wondering if you mix it together, then inject, or if you inject one kind, then inject the other? (I know, dumb question)
What kind of paint do you use on the bill, I dont have an airbrush, so I will just be using a brush and hoping for the best. I baught some acrylic, hope that will work.
Do you guys use eyelids with your birds, or just glue the eye on the fake head and call 'er good?
Thanks in advance!
Ryan

#2 ·
Broozer, I am new to this but here is what I can tell you. The preservative I use I draw up 1cc of part A and 1cc of part B and 1cc of air in a syringe. Lightly tilt back and forth to mix and inject. Be sure to do one foot at a time to allow time to work with each foot. As far as eye setting, with artificial heads you can use a dremel and bore out the eye socket a little to allow yourself more room to work with when setting them. Take some Sculting clay water or oil based and apply over the eye socket (thin) to allow you eye to set into. The oil based will never get rock hard and will allow you the luxury of being able to play with it and not really worry about the clay getting hard. As for the paint, I think everyone has their own preference.

#3 ·
You got good help there from a new guy. I'll add that after you inject your preservative that you mixed in that 3cc syringe, that you should block the holes in the toes and feet with pins until the chemicals get a chance to "kick." The feet and webs will still need to be posed with carding (I use cut up cereal boxes and paper clips) for a day or two until really dry. Until you get an airbrush, try apple barrell brand paint available at most craft stores. You can brush it on and mix colors for good results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.