She's gone...I'm vehicle-less

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, ajmorell, KCDuckMaster

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:56 pm

Trois_beaux_canards wrote:Well I'm not looking at full sized pickups, and those S10's aren't good for much! Around here, it's darn near impossible to find one that is more than 2.2 liters.

What a pansyazz! Get out and look! Them rangers are nothing but shakers according to some here--and ANYBODY that says it is "normal" for a truck to shake is way off the beam. :umm: Gte a Chev :mrgreen:

I drive a '91 4.7v8 S-10 with decent gas mileage (17mpg) and it can haul my boat no problem. Heck I had a 2.7 L and I hauled the boat back then too, just not quite enough power though up the steeper grades or a into sa stiff wind. The 4.7 is great!

Try car soup.com and auto & truck trader magazines at the convenient stores. Plus the Sunday Strib. I found my s-10 thru truck trader and few yers back. Word of advice-stay away from 93-&94 s-10 those are nothing but problems acording the comsumer reports. Speaking of such, check with Consumer Reports are to their reliability/repairs etc... at the library for what ever vehicle you are looking for. You just missed the Hennepin County vehicle auction afew weeks back--a great place to buy cars and trucks and every so often steals can be had. :thumbsup:
Last edited by h2ofwlr on Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:01 pm

98ramtough wrote:Alaska,
Of all people on this board I thought you would be a true 4x4 guy. For driving in snow there is no comparison to pizza cutter tires. Save those wide mud boggin tires to all the sissy posers in the city! I am usually on rocks or snow so the wide muddin tires just make noise, eat fuel economy, and tear up transmissions.....

Mike

Damned straight talk there Mike
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:34 pm

i am with 98 and gsp on the tire sizes. i like a little taller tire too. i don't have to drive in snow that often so that's not an issue. the taller tires do better in the swamps around here too. i see a bunch of those fellas with the bfgs that stick out 4-8" from the well and just laugh. that is definitely a fad and nothing more, imo.

i was also surprised to hear that ford puts that 4.10 in their rangers. i always thought they were around the 3.43 or whatever it was. i personally like the 4.10 in the full size chevy's because the extra torque. anymore it's not really needed for anything i do. i had a z71 with a 3.73 and would pull a trailer or boat through the mountains without any problems.

trois, glad you found you a truck. even though i am a chevy guy, i have to honestly say that it's just a matter of preference. you can get good/bad with any auto maker. enjoy the new sleigh.... :thumbsup:
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:45 pm

Thanks shrp!

I'll post pics of her soon, I am truly happy with it. (unlike the other vehicles I've owned in my life) .It even made my brother jealous, so in my book...that's two birds with one stone

h20, 75% of my past vehicles have been GM, and I have been quite impressed. I did look into and test drive some S10, and all in all they did not impress me like the last few Rangers I drove. As far as engine size and towing a boat, I have a 3.0 liter V6 (now) and a 14ft boat with a 10 horse motor. Not much more that I need to haul. My old man has a V8 Explorer. If anything bigger needs to be towed around here, it's up to his rig. I don't hate Chevy, Dodge, Toyota's etc. I got what fits my needs. My Ranger does not shake! I shopped well IMHO. Thanks again for everyone's input.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby gunman » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:40 am

Up here we like 'em tall and Wide!!! Salude
-Stouff
just like there women! :umm: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :eek:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Previous

Return to Vehicle forum