they've hit the skies

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

they've hit the skies

Postby foggyhunt » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:52 am

talked to my dad at our duck club in central calif and a lot of ducks have left the area. They're headed back on the long journey to their breeding grounds. It will be great to see strings in the sky and them that are on our ponds up here. I thank God for the opportunity to live in alaska and to be able to hunt back home. Really causes me to always wonder if the same ducks I could have seen up here in the far north could have flown overhead or into the club 3,500 miles south 2 months later. When on the plane i like to close my eyes and think how far our ducks travel and when i'm on my way back up here home, that one day in the next few months, these same ducks will be flying back.

Kind of brings tears to the eyes thinking about it when seeing strings of ducks flying overhead up here headed further north up towards fairbanks and on our local ponds and lakes. If anyone spots any teal or pintails could someone post where you saw 'em?
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Postby Danoinak » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:04 am

Just today I heard then saw a flock of probably 100 or more Geese headed North. I live way down in Ketchikan, so they might take a few days to get up your way.
Danoinak
hunter

Postby foggyhunt » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:10 am

bet it's great to see them whever ever your at. tonight me and the dog went fur a walk and i thought i was hearing snows. it was a bit noisy living in town and sometimes there is this dog that lives a ways away on the other side of the tracks and you would swear it sounds like a dang snow goose sometimes. lol...anyway i kept hearing that sound and what i did notice was my dog. she just stood right in the middle of the street with her ears perked up and she was looking at me. She usually just walks across the street to go do her thing but she stood right there looking straight at me with her ears perked and i stood listening....then cars were coming down the road and i didn't hear the sounds anymore.

4/20 sunday night right before dark i couldn't see 'em but i heard honkers. ran down to the truck to get my bino's but didn't see any strings. just a few minutes ago 11:45pm as i'm typing this, the upper window is open and i heard swans. cool.

last night i dreampt seeing strings of ducks and geese. lol...COOL
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting