so I am goofing around with...

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

so I am goofing around with...

Postby Bret » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:16 pm

So I am goofing around with this new Buck Gardner call. I blow it for a while get it all loaded and gooped up with nasty spit when I notice the ice cube trays need filled. So I filled them up and threw in the BG call with the ice trays and forgot about it. Oh a couple hours or so later I am fixing a drink and remember the BG call in the freezer. I pull it out, and the thing looks like a frosted beer mug. I thought no way this thing would blow .........I put it to my mouth quack quack. Unbelievable. I am going to repeat the test tonight I was surprised to say the least. Few calls pass that test for sure.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:24 pm

What kind of drink was you a fixin, and how many of these had you had before you went quack quack. :salude:

Just kidin. Let us know how the second test went.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby donell67 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:29 pm

yeah most of them would stick.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:43 pm

that's pretty strong right there. great info bret, once again. thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:33 am

is it just me or does anyone else have a mental image of Bret with a duck call frozen to his lips?? :laughing: :hammering:

:salude:
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Bret » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:15 pm

:oops: :help: shut up..... I lost half the skin off of my lips and I am still healing. That is why I have not got the call out again. :toofunny:

I will get on it soon.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:08 pm

Bret wrote::oops: :help: shut up..... I lost half the skin off of my lips and I am still healing. That is why I have not got the call out again. :toofunny:

I will get on it soon.

Bret

ouch, i have done that with a cigarette and it hurts and bleeds like hell!
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:12 pm

:toofunny:

actually, i have never subjected any of my calls to that test. i've never had one freeze up on me, but i guess it would be good to know. i may have to toss all my calls in the freezer one of these days.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:39 pm

Bret wrote::oops: :help: shut up..... I lost half the skin off of my lips and I am still healing. That is why I have not got the call out again. :toofunny:

I will get on it soon.

Bret

i call that DSL. :yes:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Re: so I am goofing around with...

Postby whitefeather » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:38 pm

Bret wrote:So I am goofing around with this new Buck Gardner call. I blow it for a while get it all loaded and gooped up with nasty spit when I notice the ice cube trays need filled. So I filled them up and threw in the BG call with the ice trays and forgot about it. Oh a couple hours or so later I am fixing a drink and remember the BG call in the freezer. I pull it out, and the thing looks like a frosted beer mug. I thought no way this thing would blow .........I put it to my mouth quack quack. Unbelievable. I am going to repeat the test tonight I was surprised to say the least. Few calls pass that test for sure.

Bret

back when I blew a big guys wooden call I had to put it in the freezer to get it apart once.. I never did try to blow it because I was too happy that I finally, after 10 days of trying, got it apart.
whitefeather
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:30 am

I tried the freezer test with my BG tall timber spit tech. It passed. I ran water through it in the sink and started blowing it and it never stuck one time. Heck I think it sounds a little better once you get it wet. Then I stuck it in the freezer for about 30 minutes, got it out, and it blew just fine without sticking.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby Bret » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:24 pm

I agree they do sound better wet. I can not stand the sound of this mainstreet I have unless it is wet. It just sounds a litte off. Get it wet it runs great.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:11 pm

:withstupid: Buck told me that the way they are designed, they work better once the cork is good and wet.
quackkiller
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum