Its been a rough seart to the year.

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, La. Hunter, Preacher1011

Its been a rough seart to the year.

Postby Greg Wile » Fri May 02, 2008 9:17 pm

I have had kind of a rough start to the year with the fact that my
mother in law has cancer and that the chemo has been stopped but then my dad had a bleed from his GI tract last week and was hospitalized and then released after a few days only to have a stroke on Saturday and end up back in the hospital. He recuperated from the effects of the stroke but then started to deteriorate due to a large clot in his heart which due to his weakened condition and the possibility of a return of the bleeding, cannot be treated. As of yesterday the Doctors have given him 24 to 48 hours to live. The whole family has come home and we have been taking turns watching over our father and helping him eat it has been a long week. The medical staff have been excellent as have friend of the family. In the last few days I have come to realize just how big and wonderful a part of my life my Dad has been I will surely miss him but he will forever be close to me in my heart and in my thoughts. He served his country in the Second World War as a tail gunner on a Halifax bomber and flew 34 missions with 3 bombing runs on the beach head of Normandy on "D" Day but those battles he was able to survive , this one even though he is fighting with all that he has, he knows the out come and has excepted the fact that the Lord is calling him home. He was a farmer as well and showed his vegetables in many exhibitions and won many trophy's and also became a judge for vegetables. Although some will remember him for those things I will remember him as a loving father who gave me encouragement and guidance my whole life even though I rejected those things at times. He will be missed.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Sat May 03, 2008 9:23 am

I wish you and your family the best in these dire times, your father sounds like a great man.
How old is your father? You are in my thoughts and prayers, i can only hope that the coming year is a better one for you.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sat May 03, 2008 9:52 am

Ryan, dad will be 86 if he makes it through to July 21st but that is not very likely to happen. As I said he was given 24 to 48 hours a day and a half ago.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby AWOTIS » Sat May 03, 2008 10:04 am

my prayers for your father, and to you and your family. :sad:
HAVE FUN TAKE A KID WITH YOU
AWOTIS
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Sat May 03, 2008 12:02 pm

my prayers are with both you and your family. and im very sorry to hear about how rough its been on you.
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby badandy970 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:06 pm

My prayers are with you, I am active duty military and personally want to thank your dad for the years of service.
Semper Paratus
Final Approach Pro-Staff
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Duck Junkies Pro-Staff
Sitka AK. Ducks Unlimited
TEAM TRIPPLE H
TEAM BUSH QUACKED
badandy970@hotmail.com
badandy970
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat May 03, 2008 6:08 pm

You, your dad, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the best for him. My family got through with two deaths in two weeks time, and for the two that passed away it was for the better. They were in bad shape, now they are in a better place. The reason I share this is to remind you that sometimes what seems bad can turn out good no matter what. He will either live and be able to spend time with his family, or pass on. Either way he gets to go home. I pray he lives and has a great life, but if he doesn't make it then you can think of an eternity with him in heaven. Just remember you will get to see him again.

Your dad is being prayed for right now. I'll also pray for you to, seems like your year hasn't been too good to you. Don't let it get you down, things will get better.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby thaner » Sat May 03, 2008 7:11 pm

Prayer on the way. I know it’s a hard thing, but if your father is a believer and you and he know he is on his way home then as hard as it is to lose him in this life know the hard work for him is about over and the real living is yet to come. It sounds like he had a good long life. You’re lucky to have good memories and time with him before he is gone. Try not to be too sad at this time. It is hard I know first hand. I have lost most of my family now and I am only in my 40's. I have lost my only sibling and mother already. It was hard as I lost them both suddenly had had no good bye with either one, but I know where they are and I am happy for them. I still miss them, but I only have the good memories now and the knowledge they are doing better and happier than I am and it will not be that long before I see them again. The years go fast.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby 870 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:33 pm

We’re all here for you and your family Gregg. We pray for a healing, but sometimes the Lord grants us the ultimate healing and that’s to go and be with him. After we loose someone, we hear how we need to be strong and yes for the family sake we should be. The Lord in all his wisdom gave us the emotion of grief, that emotion is for us to experience and to go through. This is a time when we need not to cover it up with that “stiff upper lip”. We need to work through the grief as long as it takes, in doing so we will come to terms with our loss and except it and begin to heal ourselves. If we cover it up, it will manifest it’s self at another time in another way. My God grant you and your family peace and my you feel His loving arms around you. Don.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Wed May 07, 2008 8:04 am

I'm sorry to hear that Greg - prayers sent.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby k9horseluvr » Thu May 08, 2008 6:51 pm

Greg,
My prayers are with you and your family. I know it is a hard time.
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby Greenhead329 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:00 am

Prayers sent
Whoever says you can't buy happiness has obviously never owned a lab

?Dos Juevos???... Dos Juevos
Greenhead329
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality