CZ shotguns

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

CZ shotguns

Postby msmall » Fri May 09, 2008 5:48 am

Has anyone had any experience shooting any of the CZ USA over and under shotguns? I am considering buying one in 28 gauge and was curious about their fit and function.
msmall
hunter

Postby goosebite » Fri May 09, 2008 6:53 am

I have a Dehann that I bought before CZ started selling Hulu shotguns. They are the same gun essentially but you get that extra special service when buying from Dehann. Mine is a SxS and I was having a hard time finding one that fits me. I ordered this Dehann and if it didn't fit I could send it back for full refund. Well, it passed the closed eye test over and over again.

The only problem that I have with these guns is the trigger is too light. It's like shooting a rifle, and with a single trigger double barrel I have to be careful about pulling the trigger or it will double discharge from the bounce of my finger.
Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets.
goosebite
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Fri May 09, 2008 8:02 am

Just a little clarification here: Yes, the DeHaan and CZ guns are Turkish made by Huglu; but DeHaan guns are produced by a different group of people within the factory than the CZ guns. DeHaan utilizes the more experienced and talented smiths that can do more refined work (assembly, fit and finish)...plus DeHaan actually re-tunes the actions after they receive them. Does this make one better than the other? Not necessarily. But to compare the two brands is like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette.

This is similar to the Italian guns produced by the Fausti sisters...they produce models that sell for $800-1000 through Traditions and others all the way up to their "Best" models that go for several thousand.

That being said, the CZ guns are good pieces for the price. Fit and finish are representative of their heirarchy in the scheme of things and they are mechanically sound. Personally I really like their 28 and .410 Ringneck as they are made on frames properly scaled to the bore and can be obtained for under a grand.
apexhunter
hunter

Postby Captn66 » Sat May 10, 2008 7:42 am

I don't have any experience with their O/U but do have a Bobwhite 20 ga that I absoluetly love. :thumbsup: For the price - they're really hard to beat.
"Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense?" - Patrick Henry

Μολὼν λαβέ
Captn66
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Mon May 12, 2008 1:31 pm

I have a 20 gauge redhead and love it. I used it for a year on ducks and managed to keep it looking very nice so I have since thrown it the gun safe for my son to use when he get old enough. I had a buddie shoot it and he like it so much that he now has the same gun in a 28 gauge. They are not to bad of a o/u for the price range :thumbsup:
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby mailyard » Thu May 29, 2008 7:41 pm

i am tall and skinny so there guns are a bit short i had a woodcock in 20ga it functioned great and looked great but the lop was too short...cz used to have quality issues but no more look at CDNN from texas they sometimes get great closeouts on the cz's they make awesome rifles as well with the single set trigger
mailyard
hunter

Re:

Postby threedogs » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:51 pm

apexhunter wrote:Just a little clarification here: Yes, the DeHaan and CZ guns are Turkish made by Huglu; but DeHaan guns are produced by a different group of people within the factory than the CZ guns. DeHaan utilizes the more experienced and talented smiths that can do more refined work (assembly, fit and finish)...plus DeHaan actually re-tunes the actions after they receive them. Does this make one better than the other? Not necessarily. But to compare the two brands is like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette.

This is similar to the Italian guns produced by the Fausti sisters...they produce models that sell for $800-1000 through Traditions and others all the way up to their "Best" models that go for several thousand.

That being said, the CZ guns are good pieces for the price. Fit and finish are representative of their heirarchy in the scheme of things and they are mechanically sound. Personally I really like their 28 and .410 Ringneck as they are made on frames properly scaled to the bore and can be obtained for under a grand.

I shipped my Huglu to Mark because it was doubling. It came back and still has the same problem. I wouldn't ness say that the smiths there are that great. He said to ship it back again and he would fix it. Well the shipping is quite hih and I thought they would have shot it to make sure they fixed it the first time. Not a happy customer. I'm now lookin for someone here in Tucson to fix it.
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Re: CZ shotguns

Postby TXducksanddeer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:59 pm

I don't know about their shotguns but I love their rifles! Great company in my opinion.
TXducksanddeer
hunter

Re: CZ shotguns

Postby Anthonyl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:31 am

I have a CZ Canvasback O/U and I really like it. I have used it on Sporting Clays, Trap, 5-Stand, and in the duck blind. I now have about 3,000 rounds through it and it has performed flawlessly.
Anthonyl
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum