Red Wings in 4?

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Red Wings in 4?

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Mon May 26, 2008 8:31 pm

I really think the wings are gonna take this in a sweep. what do you all think?
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Postby manitobawoj » Mon May 26, 2008 9:52 pm

I would love it but think it will go at least 5 , born and bred Detroit and blead red and white, go wings!
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Tue May 27, 2008 5:12 am

well I'm no hockey expert but I can't remember consecutive shut-outs being very common in the playoffs
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Postby big savage » Tue May 27, 2008 9:57 am

I think my stars are the only club that had anything for them.

They say you root for the team that put you out...but I don't know if I can lower myself to root for the wings :tongue: :thumbsup:
If it hops, it drops. If it flies, it dies.
big savage
hunter

Postby hillman raider » Tue May 27, 2008 1:06 pm

Wings are gunna take it in game 4 with all games shut outs because Osgoods a brick wall. :thumbsup:
hillman raider
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Tue May 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Wings in 5,Its an NHL fix.
For some reason the penguins are not getting away with the dives and cheap shots like they have in previous series. :huh:
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby pike_mazter » Tue May 27, 2008 7:12 pm

Wings in 5. Only because I want to see the cup won at home. They will most likely take it in 4 I bet.

Wings defense is to much for the Penguins to handle. I was worried at the begining of the series. I honestly thought that the Penguins would take it. I'm sure glad that didn't pay out!
pike_mazter
hunter

Postby Timbo4 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:26 pm

It's gonna go 6. The Pens, albeit young, have a high powered attack if they can get on track. Malkin is playing like he is asleep.
Timbo4
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Tue May 27, 2008 7:31 pm

Malkin got his bell rung against philly(punk deserverd it too)Hes done has not scored since.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby gadwall getter » Tue May 27, 2008 7:58 pm

no way the penguins let them off that easy! but i still say the wings will win it.
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Tue May 27, 2008 9:47 pm

Watching the play-offs early on, I thought it didn't look like the east had anything to offer. Now I'm sure of it. After my beloved Bruins got tossed I was able to enjoy the games a lot more. lol
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Fri May 30, 2008 6:31 am

OK, so I was wrong. Detriot will have to win in 5 or 7 so they do it at home.
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Postby Boom » Fri May 30, 2008 8:52 am

i would like the wings to do it in 5 but my gut says 6. i didn't expect the pen. to get shut out there to good for that. malkin (big goof ball) hasn't been the same since the phili series imo. i would like to see downey come back one game to get it on with roberts :boxing2: or even see mcarty go at it with him :boxing: . GO WINGS!!!!! oh ya one last thing for the pitt. players watch out for kronwall :biggrin:
WACKEM & STACKEM
Boom
hunter

Postby don taylor » Fri May 30, 2008 9:13 am

As Detroits shifts get shorter and the old men DRAG ASS back to the bench, youth will begin to take over. If Malkin gets on track, The wings don't stand a chance. They have been fortunate to catch us off our game. Even if we lose this year, we have it on lock down for YEARS to come.

LETS GO PENS!!!
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Boom » Fri May 30, 2008 10:03 am

don: not trying to be smart just curious because i don't get to watch much of the pens . would you say that they were on there game in game 3? or are they beter? just curious. oh ya i have to make one fun jab at the pens i can't help it after the OLD comment. who taught flury to face plant with grace like he did coming out in game 1..lol GO WINGS!!!!
WACKEM & STACKEM
Boom
hunter

Postby don taylor » Sat May 31, 2008 6:32 am

No, game 3 was terrible as well. I posted that remark about getting on track after game 3. Let me rephrase Detroit isn't old, they are just seniored veterans. Tonight will tell the story. If they are slower tonight than game 3 I think game 5 will be tough on them, even at home.

LETS GO PENS!
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby don taylor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:48 am

As the game got longer in game 5 the wings were getting slower. I have to admit we are still being outplayed. I think they will be even slower in this next game. Now is when our youth will take over I'm hoping. Detroit is so old, I'm surprised they have done as well as they have.

LETS GO PENS!
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Boom » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:38 am

OLD and TIRED eh...how old is malkin? 21? i might be wrong but i think it was him that i seen on all fours panting like a little doggy..youth has nothing to do with lastnights game it was all fleury 55 stoped shots. outstanding in the net. by the way YOUR WELCOME for kronvalls goal and being your mvp..lol i will have to admit though winning the cup at home would have been sweet but not as much as winnig on YOUR HOME ICE :biggrin: GO WINGS!!!!
WACKEM & STACKEM
Boom
hunter

Postby hillman raider » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Both teams were just as tired...... i agree about Malkin, he was getting extremly tired. It was a good game though but i also think some of those 2 goalie "interfearence" calls were cheap.
hillman raider
hunter

Postby Boom » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:15 pm

hillman raider wrote: It was a good game though but i also think some of those 2 goalie "interfearence" calls were cheap.
i agree those 2 calls were cheap. i am glad to see the game didn't end on those power plays. also it was a good game but boy am i paying for it today... :zzz:
WACKEM & STACKEM
Boom
hunter

Postby hillman raider » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:14 pm

also it was a good game but boy am i paying for it today...
Aint that the truth man.
hillman raider
hunter

Postby Boom » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:39 pm

:cheers: hey hey HOCKEYTOWN THE CUP IS OURS :cheers: beter luck next year pens. not only can flurey face plant coming onto the ice but he can @$$ plant the puck in is own net :uhhaa: just kidding i had to say it..lol the pens. have a team in the future they never qiut and they were in it from game three till tonight. this will not be the end of these two teams they will meet again.
WACKEM & STACKEM
Boom
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:52 am

Hey Don,No cup for you!
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby hillman raider » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:51 pm

:party: :party: :nana: :nana: :cheers: :banana:
hillman raider
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:04 pm

don taylor wrote:As Detroits shifts get shorter and the old men DRAG ASS back to the bench, youth will begin to take over. If Malkin gets on track, The wings don't stand a chance. They have been fortunate to catch us off our game. Even if we lose this year, we have it on lock down for YEARS to come.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Obviously both teams were extremely fatigued as the game went on, but there was no doubt that the Pens were the more fatigued team of the two. The loss of Gonchar and Malone for a period of time caused Terrian to double shift some players in their absense. At one point Malkin lay on all fours because he was so gassed. After a long period after the whistle he final stood and skated to the bench. Detroit played great defense and had oodles of opportunity to end the game. If it werent for the brilliance of Fluery game 5 woulda ended with a cup celebration in Hockeytown. We stayed aggressive and snuffed the life out of Pens. Say what you want, but Detroit dominated the Pens once they were over their first period jitters and that continued throughout the OT until Pittsburgh finally scored on the PP. For a Wings fan it was like meeting Dan Ellis in Nashville again! :eek:...Whats it take to beat this guy? :huh:

As to the second part of your comment, Im not so sure the Pens will have it on lockdown for years to come. They have a great team right now, and no doubt have some bright stars, but they face a big challenge this summer keeping their team together. They could lose, Marian Hossa, Brooks Oprik, and even Brian Malone to free agency. All of whom made the series a series in the end IMO. Crosby's pricy 5 year contract along with the big bill of Malkin, Fluery and Staal over the next two seasons will make it difficult to sign a high profile guy like Hossa and keep the character guys like Orpik and Malone on the roster under the salary cap. Itll be interesting to see what plays out there.

As for the Wings, theyre core is locked up, theyll probably sign Stuart to a longer contract, make a deciscion on Chelios, and what theyre going to do with our up and coming D-men, Derick Meech and Kyle Quincy. If anybody has it on "lockdown" out of the two, its Detroit. Im not saying that just because im a Wings fan, but becasue of the reality of each situation. The Wings are built to be competitive for years to come and the components are already in place, whereas the Pens players are short term as of now.

All that crap aside, Hey hey HOCKEYTOWN!!! How about those Red Wings! 2008 Stanley Cup Champions!....man that sounds nice. :yes: Hard fought and well deserved. Its great to have it back in Motown. :party:

Heres some humor all Wing fans will love. Someone posted this on another forum i frequent. If your a Pens fan, viewer discresion is advised. :tongue: :rofl:

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum ... p?t=238011
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Return to Sports