Dove Recipe

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Dove Recipe

Postby the_duckinator » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:37 am

Here's a tasty recipe for them little boogers. There isn't much meat on them but what there is is pretty darn good.

Ingredients:
4-8 doves skinned and whole
1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 slices
8 strips of bacon
1/2 cup of red wine

Marinade:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder(I like a little more)
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 cup red wine

Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the doves and marinate over night (anything over 2 hours has worked for me). Take doves out of marinade, stick a piece of apple inside the cavity, wrap a piece of bacon around the bird (right in the middle) and secure it and the apple with a toothpick. Put the doves in a casserole dish and add the 1/2 cup of wine (I put some more garlic in too). Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes, or until tender, basting occasionally with the pan juices. Serve over rice, wild rice is the best. Make sure to take out the toothpicks before you eat them!

This recipe is awesome, and the birds are always moist because of the wet heat. This is another one of my favorites. Enjoy.

Anyone else have any good dove recipes?
49% of us didn't vote for him.

Sorry World (we tried)--half of America

3 nations under Bush's God.
the_duckinator
hunter

Postby tstrong » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:10 pm

I will definetly give this a try, sounds great.
tstrong
hunter

Postby kansaswingnut » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:08 pm

Try this. It's the same recipe we use for ducks and geese. Cut the little fillets off the dove breast. Soak them overnight in Italian dressing and BBQ sauce. Take one fillet and smear some cream cheese on it, then put on a jalepeno slice. Cover it with another breast fillet, and wrap with bacon. Use tooth picks to hold them together. Cook on the grill, turning often. They are bite size and awsome with cold beer and football.
New birds make us all better hunters...eh.
kansaswingnut
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:34 am

kansaswingnut wrote:Try this. It's the same recipe we use for ducks and geese. Cut the little fillets off the dove breast. Soak them overnight in Italian dressing and BBQ sauce. Take one fillet and smear some cream cheese on it, then put on a jalepeno slice. Cover it with another breast fillet, and wrap with bacon. Use tooth picks to hold them together. Cook on the grill, turning often. They are bite size and awsome with cold beer and football.

How do you cook the football? :laughing: :laughing:

Instead of using cream cheese we use a slice of swiss cheese and we slice the breast as if you were going to make a rolled out flat fillet then roll the cheese, jalepeno, and bacon up like you would a jelly roll, and do them on the grill. We drink the beer but fore go the football as they are tough and not very tasty. :laughing:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking