HELP PLEASE

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

HELP PLEASE

Postby Gooseboy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:47 pm

Ok heres the story. my dads in the navy and we used to deep sea fish in san diego. Then we moved back to oklahoma and started hunting. now we are getting into bass and freshwater fishing. Can u guys gimme some pointers and tips and anything else u think is important, or do u know any good spots in oklahoma? And can u pont out names of lures and when where and how to use them?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby duckdog » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:08 pm

Try topwater lure's at sunrise for bass on farmpond's. Use these along weedline's. DEADLY!!!
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:56 pm

On the bigger lakes here in Missouri, we fish deep in the summer time. By deep I mean about 20 feet. Main lake points with big deep diving crankbaits works well in the summer. Finding flats in the lake is another good tactic. Bass will push bait fish up onto these flats to feed. Try throwing a Carolina rig on them. If the fish aren't active up on the flats, you might try working the drop offs or shelf along the edges of it. Throw your deep diving crankbaits along the edge of it, or a texas rigged plastic worm.

These are just some very basic techniques and somewhere to start. Good luck.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:07 am

From my experiance I find that you catch more bass ( small mouth ) on soft plastics, banjo minows, shimmy shad, worms, etc... but the other lures work well also, as has already been said. Talk to some of the local guys and see what they are using. Have fun and good fishing.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:47 am

Gooseboy, Wal-Mart sells hard back books in the hunting/fishing section that shows all the metioned baits and rigs and how to use them. Not only for bass, but they also have books on other species of fish to include hunting as well. These often overlooked books are a GREAT source of info. I picked up one on trout and fly fishing. Lots of great pics and tips on techniques. Good luck.
:thumbsup:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:45 pm

Don't you ever watch "The Infisherman" ?? Or the ESPN sports thing on Sat or Sunday?? Get er done!!
Sagebrush
hunter

Return to Fishing