Star Valley waterfowlin' timin'

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

Star Valley waterfowlin' timin'

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:46 pm

OK guys, here's the deal. I'm planning on going over to visit my son and his wife during waterfowl season. What I'm hoping to find out is the best timing for the trip. I'm not asking for any secret places (not yet) . I'm looking for time frames that usually offer the best opportunity in The Star Valley area. If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it.
I haven't looked in to it yet but, info. on the crane hunts or drawing details are also needed.
I'm hoping to take a week for hunting there but I'm guessing the weather is a big factor in that valley.
If you don't want to discuss in open forum PMs, will work.
Thanks for any info.
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:31 pm

Where is Star Valley? I can point you in the right direction if it is in SE WY, otherwise you're on your own.

err... I just looked it up, that's in the mountains dude. Get an elk tag, and plan your waterfowl vacation elsewhere. You'll have to go south on the Green River to get any kinds of birds in that area.
harvey1b
hunter

Re: Star Valley waterfowlin' timin'

Postby 3200 man » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:28 am

Look around the mouth of the salt river in the morning and the fishing access behind etna ,those birds got to eat so scout
around and findout . I'm anxious in finding out so I can go up and see my brother and hook-up with you. Larry
3200 man
hunter

Re: Star Valley waterfowlin' timin'

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:11 am

I'll be back over there the week of Christmas to try and put the hurt on Goldeneye with honkerbonker22.
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting