Would you like to know how wetlands can produce more ducks?

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

Postby Tom Phillips* » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:16 pm

QUACK3XS wrote:I think they've been waiting for one


I'm waiting for a serious person. Maybe there is one or two. If so, email me at:

MallardRice100@comcast.net

Tom Phillips*
Júdica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, California


Postby wackemstackem » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Drumroll please.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 am
Location: Long Island

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:11 pm

So if we don't play your guessing game we aren't serious?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:13 pm

:rofl: I guess so.
Dude just post it I want to see if there is anything on their that I do not yet know.
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Postby rmh » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:15 pm

I'll take "Rice Growing Culture" for $500, Alex.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: On the Chesapeake

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:17 pm

Hit any dogs lately Randy?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby rmh » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:19 pm

jehler wrote:Hit any dogs lately Randy?


No, got a black snake the other night. We were over on the shore and I was running one of my kid's friends home and came around a turn and wife says, "Damn that was a big snake you just ran over".
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: On the Chesapeake

Postby Tom Phillips* » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:29 pm

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote::rofl: I guess so.
Dude just post it I want to see if there is anything on their that I do not yet know.


You want to see a funny quote?

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: But something that is just hilarious is that the peta people cant even carry out a conversation cause there is so much spam :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:


Stilll looking for serious.
Júdica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, California

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:31 pm

Tom Phillips* wrote:Stilll looking for serious.
Are you?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:34 pm

I dont get it :huh: help me out jehler what does he mean :huh:
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:49 pm

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:I dont get it :huh: help me out jehler what does he mean :huh:
good question. If Tom* cared about wetlands producing more ducks and had something helpful to share he would just say it I would think. We all know there are many things that can help wetlands produce more ducks; predator control, eradication of invasive vegetation that overgrow native food sources, enforcement of soil & erosion ordinances etc. etc. To ask such a broad question and be so elusive with a reply to his theory is childish IMO. I think Tom* is probably a brilliant person but I fear socially a little…well…challenged
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby Montanafowler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Tom, Can you define "serious" for us? perhaps we will know if we are serious or not based on your definition.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
User avatar
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Livingston, Montana

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:04 pm

I WANT TO KNOW
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:07 pm

rmh wrote:
jehler wrote:Hit any dogs lately Randy?


No, got a black snake the other night. We were over on the shore and I was running one of my kid's friends home and came around a turn and wife says, "Damn that was a big snake you just ran over".
this thread is dying for a quote stream i think Randy. You ready for school?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby rmh » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:19 pm

jehler wrote:
rmh wrote:
jehler wrote:Hit any dogs lately Randy?


No, got a black snake the other night. We were over on the shore and I was running one of my kid's friends home and came around a turn and wife says, "Damn that was a big snake you just ran over".
this thread is dying for a quote stream i think Randy. You ready for school?


No, not ready, I still know what the date is. I've also had to go in every week or ten days all summer. Have to go in two days next week for "leadership team building". ZZZZZZZZZ. Then start the 18th with four days of meetings. When does early goose start for you? Sept. 1st here.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: On the Chesapeake

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:03 pm

:huh:
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
User avatar
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:39 am
Location: Nebraska

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:27 pm

rmh wrote:
jehler wrote:
rmh wrote:
jehler wrote:Hit any dogs lately Randy?


No, got a black snake the other night. We were over on the shore and I was running one of my kid's friends home and came around a turn and wife says, "Damn that was a big snake you just ran over".
this thread is dying for a quote stream i think Randy. You ready for school?


No, not ready, I still know what the date is. I've also had to go in every week or ten days all summer. Have to go in two days next week for "leadership team building". ZZZZZZZZZ. Then start the 18th with four days of meetings. When does early goose start for you? Sept. 1st here.
sept. 1st here also. Just starting to see the bird flying this last week, got my eye on two new fields this year. Loaded up some #4 heavy shot for the sons 20 guage he is rarin to kill his first goose this fall
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby wackemstackem » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:19 pm

jehler wrote:
rmh wrote:
jehler wrote:
rmh wrote:
jehler wrote:Hit any dogs lately Randy?


No, got a black snake the other night. We were over on the shore and I was running one of my kid's friends home and came around a turn and wife says, "Damn that was a big snake you just ran over".
this thread is dying for a quote stream i think Randy. You ready for school?


No, not ready, I still know what the date is. I've also had to go in every week or ten days all summer. Have to go in two days next week for "leadership team building". ZZZZZZZZZ. Then start the 18th with four days of meetings. When does early goose start for you? Sept. 1st here.
sept. 1st here also. Just starting to see the bird flying this last week, got my eye on two new fields this year. Loaded up some #4 heavy shot for the sons 20 guage he is rarin to kill his first goose this fall

I think we open the 5th ,10 golf coarse bird limmit.Not many places to hunt though.The bouys are still in and you cant hunt a marked channel.
I have my eye on a spot where the birds land at 6pm like clock work
Tom* when you say wetlands does that include salt water marsh
Also,man up and tell us what the * is all about.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 am
Location: Long Island

Postby QUACK3XS » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:29 pm

Tom Phillips* wrote:
QUACK3XS wrote:I think they've been waiting for one


I'm waiting for a serious person. Maybe there is one or two. If so, email me at:

MallardRice100@comcast.net

Tom Phillips*



I was very serious :no: Ya know Tom* you're a very informed person & normally I enjoy your posts but, I must say this makes you look a bit smug or snobbish. You're implying that every(maybe 1 or 2 as you said) forum member is not serious about Conservation or knowledge in general. I don't know really what else to say :huh: maybe the jokes on me. Now you can quote me & cut it up. Have a great day
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
User avatar
QUACK3XS
hunter
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:31 am
Location: A dirt road in western, NY

Postby Admin2 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:24 pm

I'll take "serious" for $1000 Alex.


Enough of the playing games. Tom spit it out or I'll lock this topic. And if you start it up again I'll suspend you. Is that serious enough for you? I really dislike any member playing games with members, it is rude at best and down right disrespectful to some here. So I will not stand by any longer having you continue to be that way to our members here.


The Deputy riding shotgun
User avatar
Admin2
hunter
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Tom Phillips* » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:32 pm

QUACK3XS wrote: Ya know Tom* you're a very informed person & normally I enjoy your posts but, I must say this makes you look a bit smug or snobbish. You're implying that every(maybe 1 or 2 as you said) forum member is not serious about Conservation or knowledge in general. Have a great day.


Thanks for the kind words.

I don't mean to be snobbish or smug. I apologize if I've come across that way. I'm sure that many here are concerned about conservation. Experience has shown me that very few are serious about it though. This thread is an example. People want a quick look at something they won't spend a moment, let alone years to think about. Then they'll discard it. I'm not looking for those people. I'm looking for serious.

Serious has the time to read and understand a few simple words.

Thank you.

Tom Phillips*
Júdica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, California

Postby Tom Phillips* » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:35 pm

Admin2 wrote:I'll take "serious" for $1000 Alex.


Enough of the playing games. Tom spit it out or I'll lock this topic. And if you start it up again I'll suspend you. Is that serious enough for you? I really dislike any member playing games with members, it is rude at best and down right disrespectful to some here. So I will not stand by any longer having you continue to be that way to our members here.


I'm sorry that I've seemed to upset you and others. I just read your post right after I posted below you. I must have been typing at the same time you were posting. What rule did I break, or who did I insult.

I apologize if I did so.

Tom*
Júdica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, California

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Im serious thats why I am a member of DU now tell me there is nothing I want more than to save habitat so I can have more ducks
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Postby #1wingnut » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:43 pm

Just a guess.............
Plant an Oak Tree in the middle of it???
User avatar
#1wingnut
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:36 am

Postby jehler » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:21 am

#1wingnut wrote:Just a guess.............
Plant an Oak Tree in the middle of it???
feed a million mallards :thumbsup:
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

PreviousNext

Return to Conservation/Biology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest