College Football

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Postby BullCajun » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:46 pm

I can't believe gadwall is proud of a team at the top of a weak conference. Thats like saying your proud of beating up a little kid in the 4th. grade. Dubious at best.
BullCajun
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:15 pm

like i said in the other topic. grow up! sorry i like to defend my team and im a dedicated fan! when all you can do is sit back complain like a little girl. :no:
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby David » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:33 am

Your problem GG is that you have blind dedication. I'm an Alabama fan, graduated from there in '96. You don't hear me spouting off that we are going to be National Champions yet, and we have a better record than USC this year and have played tougher opponents. There are still a lot of undefeated teams that should get a chance at the BCS bowl before a team that has lost.

Funny to me that the biggest college football fans usually never went to "their team's" school. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing for pulling for a local college team, but I'm talking about those that lives revolve around that team. I've meet many an Alabama and Auburn fan that haven't stepped on campus, yet will get in a fight over "their team" being better than yours.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby mox » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:10 am

I think the Vigor Wolves could beat USC this year.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby David » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:16 am

mox wrote:I think the Vigor Wolves could beat USC this year.

Lol Mox, you from around here?
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby mox » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:34 am

No, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

I played college ball with the Offensive Coordinator at Vigor. I saw you were from Mobile so I had to throw that in there. He's done a great job with them this season. I visited Mobile a couple years ago, Saraland actually. Eight mile is home to another former teammate of mine. Nice place, but I'll stay out of Prichard next time. :biggrin:
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby David » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:47 am

mox wrote:Nice place, but I'll stay out of Prichard next time. :biggrin:

Smartest thing I've heard on this thread. :yes: Vigor does produce some very good football players and there is no doubt that there are several college teams that they could beat. So you played for ASU?
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby mox » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:54 am

No, I played at Bethel College. Its an NAIA school in western Tennessee.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:42 pm

David wrote:Your problem GG is that you have blind dedication. I'm an Alabama fan, graduated from there in '96. You don't hear me spouting off that we are going to be National Champions yet, and we have a better record than USC this year and have played tougher opponents. There are still a lot of undefeated teams that should get a chance at the BCS bowl before a team that has lost.

Funny to me that the biggest college football fans usually never went to "their team's" school. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing for pulling for a local college team, but I'm talking about those that lives revolve around that team. I've meet many an Alabama and Auburn fan that haven't stepped on campus, yet will get in a fight over "their team" being better than yours.

it's still very early in the year though david im sure some of those no loss team will get knocked off there "throan" which is why i still think USC still has a chance this year.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby buckshot1224 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:20 am

Screw the Trojans!!

Bring them over here and let them roll through the SEC. They would wind up wind AT LEAST 3 losses. That is with any SEC team's schedule.

I was born and raised a USC (University of South Carolina, the original USC), however I go to Clemson because of my major and career choice. Neither team is dominate and probably won't be for many years to come but these southern boys know how to hit!!

College football is a BLAST!!
buckshot1224
hunter

Postby cusportsman » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:52 am

What happened to the mighty #1 USuC Trojans when they played the Oregon State Beavers?

*crickets*
cusportsman
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:20 pm

you boys just keep running your mouth. im just gonna let the players do the talking for me when they win the rest of they're games. fight on SC!!!
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby buckshot1224 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:06 pm

what players? The beavers are still waiting on them to show up.
buckshot1224
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:09 pm

i dont know. maybe our 3 five star RB's mcknight, stafon johnson, and cj gable and maybe mark sanchez one of the best QB's in the country! and maybe patrick turner our "redzone target" and damian williams our leading receiver (transfer from arkansas) and ronald johnson too who is one of the fastest WR's in the NCAA and not too mention rey maualuga and brian cushing who are 2 of the 3 best LB's in the nation (the other is lauranaitis from ohio state) also fili moala at DT and lastly taylor mays at safety who is also probably the fastest safety in the nation when he ran a 4.2 40 time and is projected to go in the 1st round in the draft as is maualuga, cushing, and moala. dont try to talk about my team. :biggrin:
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:57 pm

USC plays an amazingly weak schedule, and doesn't have to prove itself every week in conference play.

I would hope they win the rest of their games...but they still don't deserve top 10 rankings in dong so.

In SEC or Big 12 play, they would be looking up most of the season, IMO.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:28 pm

the thing is that its not USC's fault they have a weak schedule. all the other teams in the pac-10 just suck at recruiting so its either the recruits go to the SEC or USC. sometimes i wish USC was in the SEC that way its more fun to watch since they would play against tougher opponents.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:00 pm

Not their fault, but also means that they aren't proven at the end of the season.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:03 am

Big 12 is looking stout this season. Too bad my Aggies are not due to the rebuilding year, but Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, and Texas Tech all have legitimate shots a BCS bowl games. I wouldn't be surprised if Oklahoma went to the BCS Championship.

USC and Ohio State are two of the luckiest teams in NCAA. They have the best recruiting in their conference and nobody else in their conference is that competitive.

So play a weak pre-conference schedule, then try to sweep your conference and just b/c your school has a big name you have a shot at a BCS Championship or at worst, the Rose Bowl.

It worked for Ohio State the last two years, they screwed themselves scheduling USC this year. USC almost did it, even toppled Ohio State, but they just couldn't get the beaver off their back in order to sweep their weak conference. USC's only hope now is that the Big 12 and SEC teams cannibalize on each other to make USC's 1 loss look OK.

SEC is probably the most competitive conference in the NCAA, the Big 12 is right behind them.

Too bad my Texas A&M Aggies aren't anywhere in the mix, but maybe we can ruin someones BCS bowl game hopes this year. I'll be at the Texas A&M v Texas Tech game on the 18th, so hopefully it happens there, but it wouldn't break my heart if we could somehow upset Oklahoma or Texas. I seriously doubt it, but it is college football and if we knew what the outcome was before the game we wouldn't even play it.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby HoCoHunter » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:45 pm

GG, I do think that USC is probably the best college FB team of the last ten years. That being said in the down years they sometimes get a free pass that they do not deserve. If this year there is a one loss SEC team and a one loss Big 12 team out there and USC plays in the NC, I will never watch college football ever again. I understand that it is not their fault that the Pac-10 is awful but all you can do is win the games that are scheduled which they can't seem to do. If you are a championship team that means overcoming bad games to pull out a win, if you lose that badly and I watched the game they got their a$$e$ handed to them by a horrible Oregon State team, you should not be considered a NC contender. I know they will probably win out and probably beat the tail off whoever they play in whatever BCS bowl they get but you can't honestly sit their and tell me you think they would deserve to be in the NC game over a one loss SEC or Big 12 team. No offense just my opinion.

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for tomorrow. OU-Texas, Florida-LSU, OK St-MU are all set to DVR. I love this time of year.
HoCoHunter
Forum Moderator

Postby jasonphoto01 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:59 pm

University of Spoiled Children...lol...what a joke. There a good team but lose to oregan and then be in the NC, give me a break! I really do hope they somehow make it in, then have to play LSU that way they can see what SEC teams face every saturday. Also whats up with all the recruit stats??? Did you copy/paste that from rivals.com? Too bad you cant change all those numbers to a "W"
HAHA just messin with ya man good luck to everyone this year...gotta love college football!!!
jasonphoto01
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Hugh National Championship implacations going down this weekend. Who's gonna win?
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gadwall getter » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:48 pm

heres my predictions.

(11) LSU beats (9) georgia
(1) texas beats (7) oklahoma state
(3) penn state beats (10) ohio state

and lastly my upset pick this week!!!

tennessee beats (2) alabama
explanation: alabama has been getting closer and closer to getting beat every week they play and playing (((AT))) tennessee really doesnt help them im gonna say tennessee wins 24-13
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby David » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:28 pm

gadwall getter wrote:and lastly my upset pick this week!!!

explanation: alabama has been getting closer and closer to getting beat every week they play and playing (((AT))) tennessee really doesnt help them im gonna say tennessee wins 24-13

:rolleyes:

Location doesn't matter to us. Bama beat Clemson @ Clemson and Georgia @ Georgia, I doubt that they could lose to the volunteers by over a touchdown. I would be very surprised if Bama didn't have at least 24 points by the first half. The Tide totally dominates in the first half. The second half TN could start to come back, but not likely to overtake the lead from the first half.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby gadwall getter » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:35 pm

David wrote:
gadwall getter wrote:and lastly my upset pick this week!!!

:rolleyes:

Location doesn't matter to us. Bama beat Clemson @ Clemson and Georgia @ Georgia, I doubt that they could lose to the volunteers by over a touchdown. I would be very surprised if Bama didn't have at least 24 points by the first half. The Tide totally dominates in the first half. The second half TN could start to come back, but not likely to overtake the lead from the first half.

thats why i call it an "upset pick" because its highly unlikely to happen but i think it could. and clemson isnt that good.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby BAYOU_BOY » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:09 pm

LSU-TULANE LSU WINS But it will be a Close Game
Tracy Chelette
BAYOU_BOY
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Sports