Duck Hunting Forum banner

Where's the wife?

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  MrsJumpshooter 
#1 ·
hey gals where are you when your husband hunts?

#2 ·
In the bed sleeping most of the time, since he has been known to leave anywhere between 2:30-5:30 in the AM! I'm much more likely to go with him in the afternoon, but I have let him drag me out of bed to go early a few times! I will say this though, I do support him 100%, because I went all the way to Mississippi with him (8 hours away) and introduced him to my cousin for the first time so they could go duck hunting, and all I got to do was hang out at the Hampton Inn in Grenada all weekend (not the most exciting place in the world!).

#3 ·
Where am I when my husband goes hunting? With him of course, luckily for me we love hunting together :salude: . I am very fortunate to be invited along even when he is going with the guys. I have been told a time or two that I'm one of the guys, so that helps. I am usually asking them if they want to hunting, and then getting their butts out of bed!!! On the rare occasion that I dont go along, I like to spend some quality time with the kids, going to movies or playing outside. Most of the time the kids also go along with us hunting, except for deer hunting. They are still pretty young for that. We havent been hunting for very long, but I have gotten a few ducks. My favorite memory was shooting my first snow goose last year(yum). I cant wait to get the new pup out with us this year, Im sooooooo excited to see him work. What do you do when your husband is hunting?

#4 ·
Hi, I just registered and am new to the site.

I am usually with my husband hunting as well. He actually taught me to hunt and last year he got me my own hunting dog. Her name is molly and she is an English Setter. I hunt mostly upland birds, but have done a little duck and goose hunting. I am enjoying training my dog and spending the time with my husband in the outdoors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.