Girls how do you pack out the big game...

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: LadyK, Outdoor Gal, NorCal Cazadora

Girls how do you pack out the big game...

Postby MrsJumpshooter » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:27 pm

ok girls I know that most of us dont hunt alone and probably shouldn't and Im not this year but I have a delima hubby drew this year for a buck, cow combo and it goes the same time as my deer hunt so there is a possibability that I am going to have to pack out my own deer this year so I was wondering if any of you have any sugestions as to what i can do if it ends up happening

I have posted in the guys forum with no answer
I hunt it, Therfore I cook it too!
MrsJumpshooter
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:42 pm

I have it pretty easy compared to a lot of people. We don't have anything higher than a few rolling hills where I deer hunt and it's all farmland. At the very worst, the furthest I'd have to do is drag a deer 1/4 mile before I get to a spot where I could throw it onto a truck.

What kind of terrain do you hunt in? And how far from roads or trails? Is it an area where you could drive an ATV?
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:34 pm

I bought a game cart last year for hauling my duck decoys and gear, but its original purpose was actually for hauling game - two big wheels on a frame with a canvas web stretched across it. It can hold 550 pounds, and it's easy to break down (I squeeze mine into the back of my Rav4, with back seats pulled out).

Here's a link to it on Cabela's: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_228304&id=0005568222380a

So if you're not in crazy hilly terrain, or really brushy terrain, it might work well. But for steep hills or heavy brush, it probably wouldn't be much help.
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Postby Huntergirl » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Get a Glens Deer Handle.......it works slick
Teddi Sue
Huntergirl
hunter

Postby MicCog » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:55 pm

if your comfortable with it, bone it out in the woods then you just have to carry out the important stuff.....that's what I've done before, but we do mostly hamburger, and back strap.
:sniper: good luck on your hunt!!!
Tara of
MicCog LLC
MicCog
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum