Anybody even look on here

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: Duck Runner, gotduck68415, k9horseluvr

Anybody even look on here

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:41 pm

not much goin on here
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby honkerdowner » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:56 am

I get on here almost daily but really don't see much happening. Team webfootP I did check out your website looked very nice. Hope you get more picks up soon. maybe we will have to hook up for a dove shoot I am just down the road in kearney. So let me know.. :thumbsup:
Butt, Belly, Bill, BOOM!!!
honkerdowner
hunter

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:37 pm

glad to see someone looks on here anyone else

also pm sent
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby Duck Runner » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:01 pm

still checking in daily - well, when the internet is working at my house anyway. :mad:
Duck Runner
State Moderator

Postby honkerdowner » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:47 am

Duck runner what connection do you have there in kearney. I know that our radio transmitters here at the plant messes up Recom or so they think. But the town needs there water and sewage before they need internet. Just a thought. How long you been in kearney. I thought I saw you were from monanta. So welcome back :welcome:
honkerdowner
hunter

Postby Duck Runner » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:48 pm

I'm with Charter. Turns out they messed up my connection, but heck if they admit that. :mad:

I grew up in Kearney and then my wife needed some more college to become a 'master' so we went to Montana for three years and now we are back in Kearney. Didn't mean to end up here, but just happen to have work each way from town (Gibbon for her, Holdrege for me) and so we are living in the middle, kinda, for now.
Duck Runner
State Moderator

Postby gotduck68415 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:27 pm

Sorry my computer broke, so Im checking as much as I can.
Dont shoot where they have been, shoot where they are going.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ZachC » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:37 pm

there is also another site on here for nebraska hunters. some of you may know of it. there are always lots of guys on line and they all get on and check every day. daily reports for waterfowl and every other kind of hunting, even fishing. check it out its www.huntingne.com. i can be your reference...(zaach6).

Zach
Zach
ZachC
hunter

Checking In

Postby Todd_NE » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:47 pm

I'll check in now that we're getting close.

To be honest, my lab was killed in accident this year and I just can't get fired up for the season.

We do have a lot of local wood ducks and some teal, mallards and canada's here along the Elkhorn. I saw 50 pair of woodies the other day on a sandpit and two separate flocks of 25 geese.

I haven't had my heart in getting a new dog yet but I'm starting too, seeing the waterfowl while fishing lately and the cool nights has got me going a little more. Just too much this year, new baby and I still have an old dog that doesn't hunt anymore. It's pretty hard bringing home a new dog when the old girl is taking those last steps beside you.

If anyone hears of a started dog, 12-16 months old roughly, feel free to let me know. I'd be most interested in a black lab female or male, smaller stature (60-75#) dog. Otherwise I'm just going to wait for a litter that should be happening this winter and regroup for '09.

I'd never experienced losing a dog early in my 30 years or so of hunting, it's a devastating experience. I thought losing them in their senior years was tough. Losing a 4 yr old pup is just crushing.

Todd
Vegetarian - old Indian word for poor outdoorsman
Todd_NE
hunter

Postby qakratakr » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 pm

Good to see some action on the Nebraska forum. I check here quite often. Haven't contributed much, but I'll try to get into it more this year.

It's getting close! Good luck to everyone this year!!
qakratakr
hunter

Postby sandhiller » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:24 pm

i am still here haven't checked in all summer but season is close lots of geese around a few ducks hope for a good season hope time allows for many mornings in the blind good luck nebraska hunters.
Sandhiller
sandhiller
hunter

Postby honkerdowner » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:46 pm

glad to hear from more of the guys out there. :welcome: back!!!
honkerdowner
hunter

Postby jon mcgrath » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:27 pm

how did your guy's teal season go? i havent seen much for teal up here. but it's hard to tell when it's windy they kinda lay low on the waves and it is hard for them to see. our regular season opens up on saturday and i will have to call it quits 2 weeks early on the 6th of december due to military training.
jon mcgrath
hunter

Postby gotduck68415 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:42 pm

I didnt go out for teal. I havent hunted the early teal in a couple years. Im not a fan of the teal season. Ive heard of too many people killing other birds and dont think it is a good season. They should just give us an extra week at the end of the reg. duck season. Just my opinion
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Duck Runner » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:18 pm

I finally shot my bag limit on Sunday morning, but had to put the sneak on a few before finally getting there.

I enjoy the early teal season, but I do agree a lot of idiots are out there shooting the wrong ducks. :no: Found a few hen mallards dead in the weeds. :mad:
Duck Runner
State Moderator

Postby gotduck68415 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:16 pm

The least they can do is take them home. Ill be honest and tell you that Ive shoot a couple hen woodies in teal season. That is why I dont like the season. Just too easy for inexperienced hunters to kill the wrong birds.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Postby waterfowler81 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:02 pm

Take them home? Are you crazy? Get caught doing that and it aint gonna be good. The last 2 times I was out teal hunting I got checked on my way out. Cant imagine what would have happened had I accidentally shot another species and tried to take it home. I bet it would have been an expensive duck. I hate the thought of killing the thing and leaving it, but I sure as heck aint gonna take it home out of season.
waterfowler81
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:51 am

Hello All. I'm not currently in Nebraska but normally around the Kearney/SW NE area. I missing every season this year due to deployment so I will be living through everyone's posts. Good Luck and Happy Hunting :thumbsup:
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby gotduck68415 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Stay safe k9 so you can come back and hunt with us. Thank you for all you are doing for us. How long are you gone for? Where are you at?
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Postby k9horseluvr » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:56 am

Thank You. I'll be gone until April. We are based in Rota, Spain and rotate in and out on various missions. So any # of places. Just returned from a mission in the Black Sea/Ukraine area.
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby waterfowler81 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:32 pm

Hey K9, I was gonna ask ya what branch till I seen your sig. line. I just got out of the Navy in April. Are you with a P-3 squadron over there. My last duty station was Brunswick, ME with VP-26.
waterfowler81
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:36 am

No to the P3 Squadron. I'm with Maritime Expeditionary Security Detachment 632. How long were you in? I spent some time in Maine. My first ship was a Pre-com out of Bath. I really enjoyed it up there. We'll have to hook up for some hunts when I get back in that area. I rotate in July and am trying to get to Offut.
K9
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting