Gettin Started

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Gettin Started

Postby gsphunter » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:44 am

Hey ladies I've been taking my girlfriend shooting some, took her turkey hunting this spring, and she helps me train my dogs some. Just wandering who got ya'll into hunting and how they did it. If it was by your asking or him offering? Just wandering.
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:50 am

My husband got me started, and it was mostly an extension of me wanting to spend time with him and learn why he was so excited about hunting. I had shot guns before (target practice only), and he offered to teach me how to shoot and got me to help him do things like plant food plots and put out corn for wild turkeys before the season started. (We also built a two-person tree stand so I could deer hunt with him -- long story, but it didn't go well!) He was thrilled that I wanted to learn about it, and I had fun playing out in the woods with him. On the other hand, my sister got into deer hunting because she was close with my cousins and my uncles, and they took her out and taught her how to shoot something other and a .22 and helped her kill her first deer. I think as long as there is an interest in the outdoors and wildlife (both my sister and I grew up as avid deep-sea and reef fishers and shot rifles at summer camp) then it's not a far leap to hunting. It sounds like the interest is there -- good luck!
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby MrsJumpshooter » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:39 pm

I grew up around it my dad hunts and i was the oldest so for a while it was a daddy daughter thing and then it was me and my sis with dad then the boy came and girls wernt invited.. so when i got married i begged and pleaded with my hubby and then out shot him at the turky shoot and now he dosent go with out me.. if she likes it she will come around to it but be paticence and dotn get pushy or she will back way from it..

Hope you have fun :thumbsup:
I hunt it, Therfore I cook it too!
MrsJumpshooter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:46 pm

Saw this thread come back up to the top, so I thought I'd update it. Since then, we got her a gun of her own. She went out duck hunting with me once this year so far, and went up to the farm for a weekend of bow hunting for Whitetails. She may also make a trip out to KS with me and the dogs sometime in Dec.

She's asking to go out duck hunting again the Tues before Thanksgiving, so....I guess she's enjoying herself. :yes:

Thanks for the input.
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum