Which Presidential Ticket?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Whom would you support?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:33 pm

McCain/Lieberman
24
83%
Obama/Biden
5
17%
No opinion
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 29

Which Presidential Ticket?

Postby brooks264 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Would Lieberman neutralize Biden?
User avatar
brooks264
hunter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:45 pm
Location: SE Colo


Postby Redline29 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:40 pm

Lieberman would be the stupidest pick McCain could make.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
User avatar
Redline29
hunter
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: NW, PA

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:24 pm

:dito:
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16054
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby seastreet » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:05 pm

You have to look deeper at Obama's pick...

1. Electoral value? Nope. Delaware's 3 or 4 electoral votes were never in question.

2. Youthful? Nope. All of the McCain bashers that complain that McCain is a hot tempered, crazy old man, just got it handed back to them with the pick of Biden.

3. Stance on the war? Nope. Biden's another "I voted for it before I voted against it" Democrat.

4. Ethics regarding taking money from lobbyists? Nope. His son and brother are DC lobbyists who are being sued for fraud, and Biden himself takes money from lobbyists.

5. Great speaker? Hmmm... When he doesn't use other peoples' work without giving attribution. Google "Biden Plagiarism" for good insight to the reason he lost recent elections and flunked in college.

Obama should have picked Virginia Governor Mark Warner. Virginia is a battleground state and Obama could definitely use Virginia's votes. Instead, he didn't learn the lesson so many other Democrats have learned in not picking northeast, anti-gun, anti-capitalist, plagiarist senators as running mates.

Obama just threw away the election. Leave it to the Democrats to have the election in the bag,and once again... BLOW IT!!! :rofl:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:21 pm

seastreet, i agree with all that except i dont think they ever had it in the bag... its been a pretty steep uphill battle for them right from the start... i think it will be interesting to see how many people SAY they will vote for a black socialist, and how many really do
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby devildog28 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:17 pm

There is hope for McCain if he doesn't pick a lame duck VP. You guys should check out the views of Michigan's Governer. He's a conservative. I'm sure the wolverine guys will chime in soon. :thumbsup:
User avatar
devildog28
hunter
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Katy, TX

Postby Brydog » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:01 am

Michigan's Governor is Jennifer Granholm. She just looks like a HE ! :tongue:
Just some more mis-information from the right ! :no:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:20 am

if mccain pick a woman for VP, he wins it in a landslide. if he doesnt, i dont think he's as smart as we give him credit
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby don taylor » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:46 am

Didn't Biden say "its not a position that lends itself to 'on the job' training" referring to Obama's experience?

Obama is a idiot. McCain has a new commercial with Biden saying " I'd be honored to serve with John McCain" and that previous statement from above.

What a idiot, he should have taken Clinton as VP. But he needs the spotlight all to himself.

He's the democrats fiddy cent.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:20 am

Brydog wrote:Just some more mis-information from the right ! :no:
Could you enlighten us?

don taylor wrote:Obama is a idiot.
:thumbsup:

The democrats always think their guys are brilliant and pick guys that believe the hype. Hillary is the smartest woman :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Notice a pattern. This belief that they know it all is also what makes them so dumb and so dangerous.

Obama has a capacity to memorize a ton of information, but he has no clue what it means. He's spent way to much time in his little pseudo-intellectual circle, where they all believe the same incestuous ideas and can regurgitate them with great accuracy. However, when they get outside their bubble, they look like the actual idiots that they are. Then they go with the "I'm too smart for these stupid people" and proceed to try to lie and deceive the voters about their true beliefs because if they truly said all that they believe they would get destroyed in the election. They believe the lying is OK because it for our own good :no:

The one good thing is that Obama may be so arrogant and inexperienced that he doesn't know how to lie and deceive. Biden definitely seems to be a babbling idiot.

Even as bad as McCain is, there is hope against this pair. Unless he does something completely boneheaded like picking a Democrat to be on the Republican ticket. Does McCain then support Lieberman as the next Republican nominee? :huh:
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16054
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby dudejcb » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:07 pm

Hey! none of these guys are real idiots... except for Zell Miller who is actually insane, and Ted Stevens who is actually a not-so-bright crook.

That said the Dems have their nit-wits too... oh yah, Zell Miller again.

But I'll take McCain at his word when he says he doesn't know much about economics. Extra credit for honesty!
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:06 pm

dude, are you voting for obama even after his vp pick? im not pickin on you, just wondering if you will still back him with such a poor choice as far as gun rights and taxes....
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby dudejcb » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:25 pm

I like Biden; especially his understanding of international and defense issues and think he'll bring a lot to the table for Obama.

I really don't worry much about our guns being taken away. If that were a real threat all of us would revolt in unison and every politician knows it. In reality, there are already so many guns in private ownership that the scary notion of absolute gun control in a police state is not, at this point, a genuine possibility in my opinion.

However, there is always a need for vigilence and skepticism of power. that is one reason why I am so disgusted with the way Bush/Cheney have successfully made domestic surveillance a reality, because that is the first step on the slippery slope that leads in the direction of becoming a police state. BTW I am equally disgusted that the Dems rolled over on this issue due to fear of being viewed as soft on terrorism... How about the fear of being soft on too much government invasion of privacy.

I think either McCain or Obama will be a great improvement over what we've had the last few years, so almost any change will be good. That said, I've come to realize that things can always get worse so again, vigilence and healthy skepticism of power, and the courage to speak out even when it's not popular are essential.

I need to stop before I fall off my soap box.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:25 pm

they both have every intention of restricting the sale and ownership ANY and ALL weapons. dont fool yourself with the "they wont come take our guns, that rediculous" line, because they wont.... they will make it nearly impossible for you to shoot them. they dont have to kill the 2nd amendment, just keep hobbling it until it cant function anymore... the judges they will appoint WILL restrict all of our freedoms at every chance. you think bushy was bad? put a few more liberal progressives on the bench, and we will be begging for bush back.

why are all liberals so ready and willing to give up their rights bit by bit? are they really so swept away by the socialists sweet nothings? :huh: obama is a CHILD when it comes to this game. biden is an anti-gun (thats ALL guns, EVERYWHERE) socialist. how are they going to help this country? do you honestly think that them taking money from oil companies will LOWER the price? its just a way for them to take more money from YOU! the price will go up since they are losing money directly from the bottom line, and you will pay the difference.... the money is handily placed in the governments lap... seems like common sense to me
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby don taylor » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:45 pm

The scary part is lots of people feel just like he does. :rofl:

Are you aware of the accuracy of my quote above, dude? The one from Biden about Obama. So is he a good choice? Doesn't that seem a little umm.... Hypocritical? Same old politics? Where is the change in that? Where's the HOPE and CHANGE dude? Political expediencey at its lowest and most obvious is what I'm getting.

If you don't believe this is an Anti-gun Juggernaut, YOU HAVE BLINDERS ON. You have to admit that, you have to. It blows whatever validity any other part of your argument has away if you don't .
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby jrockncash » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Anyone else think it hilarious that in the year of the Democrat they put up the most under qualifyed douche they could find and give him McCains buddy (El Gaff Machine) as his Mate?

Dont forget in the Youtube debate Biden bragged about writing the Assault Weapons ban and called the guy that asked the gun control question mentally incompetent to own a gun.

If they would of just put up a moderate they would of won in a landslide. Ha!

Its great! They keep shooting themselves in the foot and hollerin "McSame!!!". :rofl: :rofl:
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
User avatar
jrockncash
hunter
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:25 pm

I hate Obama. :thumbsup: Didn't he just have an assasination attempt?
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5296
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Postby don taylor » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:31 am

I'd vote for Zell Miller for President. I'd vote for him over most anyone else.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:36 pm

dudejcb wrote:However, there is always a need for vigilence and skepticism of power. that is one reason why I am so disgusted with the way Bush/Cheney have successfully made domestic surveillance a reality, because that is the first step on the slippery slope that leads in the direction of becoming a police state.
Read this article and tell me if Obama isn't going to use power as a threat.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12816.html

He doesn't like an advertisement so he sicks the government on them, calls out the hords of lawyers, and threatens the business. That is a scary mindset.

There is literally nothing positive about this guy. He clearly has to be one of the worst candidates in history for a major party.

BTW, domestic surveillance of foreign communications has ALWAYS been legal. They are doing nothing that hasn't been done through out the entire history of our country. If you send or receive something across our international borders, you have no privacy. Never have and never should.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16054
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:15 pm

:no: I just dont see how any hunter can even consider voting for him it just doesnt make sense.
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5296
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Postby seastreet » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 pm

dudejcb wrote:However, there is always a need for vigilence and skepticism of power. that is one reason why I am so disgusted with the way Bush/Cheney have successfully made domestic surveillance a reality, because that is the first step on the slippery slope that leads in the direction of becoming a police state. BTW I am equally disgusted that the Dems rolled over on this issue due to fear of being viewed as soft on terrorism... How about the fear of being soft on too much government invasion of privacy.


I guess you missed the fact that Obama voted to give immunity to the telecos for spying on American citizens. Most of the Obama supporters who have griped about domestic spying conveinently overlook this little pitfall. In other words, he fully supported domestic spying when push came to shove and his legions of sheep that enable his messiah complex, completely ignored this absolute classic case of hypocrisy. :rolleyes:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby seastreet » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:28 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:if mccain pick a woman for VP, he wins it in a landslide. if he doesnt, i dont think he's as smart as we give him credit


Here is McCain's most likely candidate for VP...

Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin

Image
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby devildog28 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:15 pm

Brydog wrote:Michigan's Governor is Jennifer Granholm. She just looks like a HE ! :tongue:
Just some more mis-information from the right ! :no:


I was mistaken it's Minnesota's governer :oops:
User avatar
devildog28
hunter
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Katy, TX

Postby devildog28 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:22 pm

seastreet wrote:
pennsyltucky wrote:if mccain pick a woman for VP, he wins it in a landslide. if he doesnt, i dont think he's as smart as we give him credit


Here is McCain's most likely candidate for VP...

Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin

Image


Damn I'd like to be in her "Oval office" :yes:
User avatar
devildog28
hunter
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Katy, TX

Postby Dolsmi » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:14 am

devildog28 wrote:
seastreet wrote:
pennsyltucky wrote:if mccain pick a woman for VP, he wins it in a landslide. if he doesnt, i dont think he's as smart as we give him credit


Here is McCain's most likely candidate for VP...

Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin

Image


Damn I'd like to be in her "Oval office" :yes:


:lol: :rofl: :lol:
User avatar
Dolsmi
hunter
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:02 am
Location: Minnesota

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests