Wow !!! Good choice John McCain !!!

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby Brydog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:50 pm

Spin it seastreet, Spin it !!!
Obama didn't expose Bristol Palin's pregnancy, the Media did.
You should know that. You're the smartest person here aren't you ?!?!? :fingerpt:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:57 pm

he sure didnt mind tho....his fake little speach about how it souldnt be an issue about made me puke... he saw an opportunity to look like a good guy and give the whole mess just a little more air time... win win for him.

obama = left....media=left....lie with dogs, and share the fleas :tongue:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:00 pm

There is no spin there Byrdog. There was an article in the paper about the press that each canidate has gotten. Obama has about %85 of all articles written about him. Very few are negative or I suppose I could call them factual. They are all fluff peices about the new media created Messiah.

He could played guitar better than Hendrix
He could told the future
He could baked the most delicious cake in the world
He could scored more goals than Wayne Gretzky
He could danced better than Barishnikov
Obama could have been funnier than any comedian you can think of
Obama is way cool
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:43 pm

Brydog wrote:Spin it seastreet, Spin it !!!
You should know that. You're the smartest person here aren't you ?!?!? :fingerpt:

Spin? I suggest you go back to grade school and brush up on your reading comprehension.

Here is what I said...

seastreet wrote:Google "Obama Chicago Annenberg files Ayers" and gander at what the mainvein media willingly ignores. Hanging out with unrepentant terrorist and racist pastors he considers his best friend and mentor aren't nearly as important as exposing the Republican VP candidate's 17 year old daughter's pregnancy. [/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Sorry you can't read all that well. :rolleyes:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:22 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:he sure didnt mind tho....his fake little speach about how it souldnt be an issue about made me puke... he saw an opportunity to look like a good guy and give the whole mess just a little more air time... win win for him.

obama = left....media=left....lie with dogs, and share the fleas :tongue:

:dito:
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

obama/wright

Postby Big5 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:36 pm

himmler stood by hitler
obama stood by wright
WAKE UP WHITE AMERICA, listen to some of Rev. wrights texts. God help all you disillusioned voters.
Sea ducks are for me, lets hunt in 10 footers and sink the boat. THAT is excitement!!!!
Big5
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:20 pm

Obama didn't just stand by Wright but also gave Wright credit for being his mentor. I'm betting ol Jeremiah probably spent a considerable amount of energy mentoring Michele the America hater also.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:53 am

seastreet wrote:Google "Obama Chicago Annenberg files Ayers" and gander at what the mainvein media willingly ignores. Hanging out with unrepentant terrorist and racist pastors he considers his best friend and mentor aren't nearly as important as exposing the Republican VP candidate's 17 year old daughter's pregnancy.

Brydog wrote:Spin it seastreet, Spin it !!!

You choose to pick nits, but ignore the 800 lb gorilla. Befriending unrepentant terrorists that attacked the United States of America should disqualify you to be President of the United States. Choosing to raise your children in a racist anti-American church so you can advance your political career should disqualify you to be President of the United States.

Every politician has things that they have said or done that we really don't like. The primary reason they are politicians and why we hate politicians. I think Obama's shady deals with Rezko do not disqualify him, but Wright and Ayers are so far beyond anything we should ever accept from a politician. Only a Democrat could have done this and stand a prayer of getting elected, let alone be in a tied race with a genuine war hero who has decades of experience in Congress with a record that everybody (Democrats included) thought was great until he got the Republican nod.

Doesn't it make you proud to be a Democrat that such a person can get elected to Senate, and now Presidential nominee with no background and all of these terrible choices in his recent background.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby duckstalker814 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:06 pm

I already posted this in another thread. Now, don't go choosing who I want to vote for. I just think McCain didn't make the "best" choice for VP. Say what you want though....

PALIN: "I have protected the taxpayers by vetoing wasteful spending … and championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress. I told the Congress 'thanks but no thanks' for that Bridge to Nowhere."

THE FACTS: As mayor of Wasilla, Palin hired a lobbyist and traveled to Washington annually to support earmarks for the town totaling $27 million. In her two years as governor, Alaska has requested nearly $750 million in special federal spending, by far the largest per-capita request in the nation. While Palin notes she rejected plans to build a $398 million bridge from Ketchikan to an island with 50 residents and an airport, that opposition came only after the plan was ridiculed nationally as a "bridge to nowhere."

PALIN: "There is much to like and admire about our opponent. But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform — not even in the state senate."

THE FACTS: Compared to McCain and his two decades in the Senate, Obama does have a more meager record. But he has worked with Republicans to pass legislation that expanded efforts to intercept illegal shipments of weapons of mass destruction and to help destroy conventional weapons stockpiles. The legislation became law last year. To demean that accomplishment would be to also demean the work of Republican Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana, a respected foreign policy voice in the Senate. In Illinois, he was the leader on two big, contentious measures in Illinois: studying racial profiling by police and requiring recordings of interrogations in potential death penalty cases. He also successfully co-sponsored major ethics reform legislation.

PALIN: "The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes, raise payroll taxes, raise investment income taxes, raise the death tax, raise business taxes, and increase the tax burden on the American people by hundreds of billions of dollars."

THE FACTS: The Tax Policy Center, a think tank run jointly by the Brookings Institution and the Urban Institute, concluded that Obama's plan would increase after-tax income for middle-income taxpayers by about 5 percent by 2012, or nearly $2,200 annually. McCain's plan, which cuts taxes across all income levels, would raise after tax-income for middle-income taxpayers by 3 percent, the center concluded.Obama would provide $80 billion in tax breaks, mainly for poor workers and the elderly, including tripling the Earned Income Tax Credit for minimum-wage workers and higher credits for larger families.He also would raise income taxes, capital gains and dividend taxes on the wealthiest. He would raise payroll taxes on taxpayers with incomes above $250,000, and he would raise corporate taxes. Small businesses that make more than $250,000 a year would see taxes rise.

The AP report also showed how Palin's champions have exaggerated the Alaskan governor's 'acheivements':

MCCAIN: "She's been governor of our largest state, in charge of 20 percent of America's energy supply … She's responsible for 20 percent of the nation's energy supply. I'm entertained by the comparison and I hope we can keep making that comparison that running a political campaign is somehow comparable to being the executive of the largest state in America," he said in an interview with ABC News' Charles Gibson.

THE FACTS: McCain's phrasing exaggerates both claims. Palin is governor of a state that ranks second nationally in crude oil production, but she's no more "responsible" for that resource than President Bush was when he was governor of Texas, another oil-producing state. In fact, her primary power is the ability to tax oil, which she did in concert with the Alaska Legislature. And where Alaska is the largest state in America, McCain could as easily have called it the 47th largest state — by population.

MCCAIN: "She's the commander of the Alaska National Guard. … She has been in charge, and she has had national security as one of her primary responsibilities," he said on ABC.

THE FACTS: While governors are in charge of their state guard units, that authority ends whenever those units are called to actual military service. When guard units are deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan, for example, they assume those duties under "federal status," which means they report to the Defense Department, not their governors. Alaska's national guard units have a total of about 4,200 personnel, among the smallest of state guard organizations.

FORMER ARKANSAS GOV. MIKE HUCKABEE: Palin "got more votes running for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska than Joe Biden got running for president of the United States."

THE FACTS: A whopper. Palin got 616 votes in the 1996 mayor's election, and got 909 in her 1999 re-election race, for a total of 1,525. Biden dropped out of the race after the Iowa caucuses, but he still got 76,165 votes in 23 states and the District of Columbia where he was on the ballot during the 2008 presidential primaries.

FORMER MASSACHUSETTS GOV. MITT ROMNEY: "We need change, all right — change from a liberal Washington to a conservative Washington! We have a prescription for every American who wants change in Washington — throw out the big-government liberals, and elect John McCain and Sarah Palin."

THE FACTS: A Back-to-the-Future moment. George W. Bush, a conservative Republican, has been president for nearly eight years. And until last year, Republicans controlled Congress. Only since January 2007 have Democrats

And I didn't write this...obviously. It was sent to me.
duckstalker814
hunter

Postby Danoinak » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:11 pm

If you guys want a good look at how Palin ran things in Wasilla during her tenure as Mayor, go to Snopes.com and read the letter posted there called "An Alaskans Opinion". As far as her Governorship, I will put my 2 cents in on a couple of issues.
Palin talks about her cutting pork, and being a Conservative spender, but put forth the largest budget ever proposed in the State of Alaska. The fact she then cut $500 Million hardly seems like conservative spending. $233 Million of that was the proposed bridge to nowhere anyway, which she SUPPORTED while campaigning here. (Yes, I am from Ketchikan the infamous "NOWHERE"). She didn't give the money back to Congress either. It went into the State Transportation Budget, and was spent for road projects up where she lives. Go figure??? I could go on and on listing some unknown facts about her that might tarnish her image, but the national media will start picking some of this stuff up soon.
Danoinak
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:31 pm

guess that why she has over 80% approval rating huh? :yes:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:22 pm

DuckinFool wrote:Michele the America hater.

:huh: care to expound?
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby Brydog » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:28 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:guess that why she has over 80% approval rating huh? :yes:

There are 10 men for every woman in Alaska Ptucky. Thats why she has an 80 % approval rating.... and I'm pretty sure alot of that approval comes from her looks. She ain't hard to look at, thats for sure. Looks won't fix this country though.

Tell us some more about Sarah Palin Danoinak. Some of these fellers on here are lovestruck and can't think straight. They've only known of her for 5 days, but they're sure she's the ONE to save America.

I spent some time In the Wasilla, Talkeetna area back in 93'-94'. I heard while I was there that a man doesn't loose his girlfriend, he looses his turn. Is that true ?

BTW, :welcome: to DHC...
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby DuckinFool » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:38 pm

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:
DuckinFool wrote:Michele the America hater.

:huh: care to expound?

Don't need to. I listened to her speech...both times.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:54 pm

no really i don't know what that means, honestly :help:
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:35 pm

Google Michele Obama speech and listen. You mean you missed weeks of the lib media trying to spin what she said into something she did not say? :yes:
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:24 am

Brydog wrote: There are 10 men for every woman in Alaska Ptucky. Thats why she has an 80 % approval rating....
You need to work you your urban legends. There are 1.07 men for every woman in Alaska, which is high compared to the national average of 0.97, but not exactly 10 to 1 and is pretty close to 50/50 like the rest of the country.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/02000.html
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby seastreet » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:41 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
Brydog wrote: There are 10 men for every woman in Alaska Ptucky. Thats why she has an 80 % approval rating....
You need to work you your urban legends. There are 1.07 men for every woman in Alaska, which is high compared to the national average of 0.97, but not exactly 10 to 1 and is pretty close to 50/50 like the rest of the country.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/02000.html

Yet he accuses us of "spinning" the facts. :rofl:

Classic!!! Good work SpinnerMan! :thumbsup:
seastreet
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:23 pm

There are ten chauvinist men in Alaska for every woman. :rofl:
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:29 pm

Here is the reality you libs are hyperventilating about...

seastreet
hunter

Postby Brydog » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:56 pm

Sorry about the "Spin" on the man to woman ratio in AK. :oops:
I didn't "Google" it to come up with decimal point figures. I just used the words the native Alaskans used.
Your decimal point figures may be true in Anchorage and Fairbanks, but in the bush, I doubt it.
Good search tho Spinnerman. It's definately a classic ! :thumbsup:
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:01 pm

Here are the Republicans trying to make the case that even though McCain voted 90% of the time along with Bush - McCain is all about change and restoring honor and dignity to the White House.

Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby Brydog » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:11 pm

Bush, Cheney,& McCain.
Image BFF...

McCain's as full of crap as Bush is.... and just as delusional.
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby seastreet » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:29 pm

seastreet
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:31 pm

seastreet wrote:Here is the reality you libs are hyperventilating about...

:huh: what are you talking about "reality"? its a photo-shopped picture, not to mention i don't know what it even means

those are cute and all but they are, in fact photo-shopped pictures and cartoons, looks like quite a bit of bias behind them ALL
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum