Wow !!! Good choice John McCain !!!

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby Redline29 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:12 pm

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:
seastreet wrote:Here is the reality you libs are hyperventilating about...

Image


:huh: what are you talking about "reality"? its a photo-shopped picture, not to mention i don't know what it even means

those are cute and all but they are, in fact photo-shopped pictures and cartoons, looks like quite a bit of bias behind them ALL


WOW..you are a freaking genius. Way to pick that out.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
User avatar
Redline29
hunter
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: NW, PA


Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:24 pm

why the sass? i was just wondering what that meant
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: scott county, minnesota

Postby Redline29 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:15 am

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:why the sass? i was just wondering what that meant


It is called humor. I mistook your ignorance for a sarcastic remark, so I was being sarcastic myself....sorry.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
User avatar
Redline29
hunter
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: NW, PA

Postby David » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:23 am

Brydog wrote:Sorry about the "Spin" on the man to woman ratio in AK. :oops:
I didn't "Google" it to come up with decimal point figures. I just used the words the native Alaskans used.
Your decimal point figures may be true in Anchorage and Fairbanks, but in the bush, I doubt it.
Good search tho Spinnerman. It's definately a classic ! :thumbsup:


You say this like you where only off a small percentage when you said 10 men to every woman. When you were off almost 9 men. The true ratio is nearly 1 to 1. But the R's are the ones that spin :rolleyes:
ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby seastreet » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:38 am

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:
seastreet wrote:Here is the reality you libs are hyperventilating about...

Image


:huh: what are you talking about "reality"? its a photo-shopped picture, not to mention i don't know what it even means

those are cute and all but they are, in fact photo-shopped pictures and cartoons, looks like quite a bit of bias behind them ALL


Just metaphorically turning over your apple cart. :biggrin:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby Brydog » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:54 am

Read it again David. Like GWB, I guess I was given bad information.

Brydog wrote:Sorry about the "Spin" on the man to woman ratio in AK. :oops:
I didn't "Google" it to come up with decimal point figures. I just used the words the native Alaskans used.
Your decimal point figures may be true in Anchorage and Fairbanks, but in the bush, I doubt it.
Good search tho Spinnerman. It's definately a classic ! :thumbsup:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Postby pennsyltucky » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:17 am

PL_duckhunter12 wrote: :huh: what are you talking about "reality"? its a photo-shopped picture, not to mention i don't know what it even means


:thumbsup: your comprehension skills are showing
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby pennsyltucky » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:20 am

Brydog wrote:Read it again David. Like GWB, I guess I was given bad information.

Brydog wrote:Sorry about the "Spin" on the man to woman ratio in AK. :oops:
I didn't "Google" it to come up with decimal point figures. I just used the words the native Alaskans used.
Your decimal point figures may be true in Anchorage and Fairbanks, but in the bush, I doubt it.
Good search tho Spinnerman. It's definately a classic ! :thumbsup:


we all read it. thanks for re-posting it tho :thumbsup: another example of the left just repeating anything they hear....
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby David » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:03 am

Brydog, I'm sorry, I attributed the left spin to the wrong person. But it does show that it isn't just the right that spins it as you are implying. This does show it's best to check your source so that you don't carry misinformation to others.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby Brydog » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:18 am

David wrote:Brydog, I'm sorry, I attributed the left spin to the wrong person. But it does show that it isn't just the right that spins it as you are implying. This does show it's best to check your source so that you don't carry misinformation to others.

I concede. I was wrong.
:oops:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:09 pm

I'm not sure what to make of your response :huh:

Brydog wrote:Sorry about the "Spin" on the man to woman ratio in AK. :oops:
I didn't "Google" it to come up with decimal point figures. I just used the words the native Alaskans used.
Your decimal point figures may be true in Anchorage and Fairbanks, but in the bush, I doubt it.
Good search tho Spinnerman. It's definately a classic ! :thumbsup:

I didn't really think you thought it was 10 to 1. I was just being a smartass. I was curious what the real ratio was because I had heard there was a high proportion of men to women, but that never really made sense. It surprised me that it wasn't a little higher based on the urban legend.

Even in the bush it's not 10 to 1. The native Alaskans and all 1st generation Alaskans come into the world at close to a 1 to 1 ratio. The level of male only immigration that would be needed to get the ratio far from 1 to 1 would have to be incredible. It's hard to imagine anywhere that has any significant number of people that is far from a 1 to 1 ratio. A few small remoting mining towns maybe, but not an entire state.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15893
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests