Duck Hunting Forum banner

Oak Hammock

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Toban 
#1 ·
First time hunting in canada will be going near oak hammock we will be freelancing. Wondering what to expect as for #s of birds . Coming up first week of Oct. Thanks in advance Blue

#2 ·
I live about 15 minutes from there and 1st week of October should have a lot of birds for you. Peak for bird numbers is usually right around then or the week after.
It's been pretty wet lately so there may still be a lot of feed left in the fields for birds.
If you find the right fields you should get some good shooting.
There are a lot of outfitters operating in the area so finding fields might be tough unless you already have contacts.

#4 ·
I don't think it'll be hard to get permission at all. Most farmers will let a guy on their land pretty easy.
I guess it's whether or not you get beat to the field. The hardest areas to get into are usually the ones closest to Oak Hammock Managment Area. To be honest I prefer to not to hunt right around OHMA. It doesn't take too long for the birds to get real smart.
Teulon shouldn't be too bad at all though. LOTS of water up that way lately. If you can get into a half flooded field, you could be in for one hell of a shoot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.