Who obama really is.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:07 am

ohsay wrote:Anyone in law enforcement can tell you the best way to survive a home invasion is to hide or escape the scene, not have an armed confrontation. Would you rather your wife or daughter shoot it out with some lunatic, or GTFO out of the house?
There are two ways to look at this.

Liberal - me first, 2nd, and only - The only measure of success is getting out alive.

Conservative - It's not just about me - Sure I can tuck tail and run, but if the liberal that had tucked tail and ran when their home was invaded, I wouldn't have to make this decision. Whether I like it or not, I have just been drafted into the service of my country. Defending my property not only protects my property, but it protects my neighbors and my community. Sure it puts me at more risk than if I ran like a coward, but I am helping to defend my neighbors and my community. A dead scumbags never robbed, raped, or murdered another person. Live ones always do.

Sure the cowards way out is the safest for me. It is also the least safe for my neighbors. What is it the right thing to do? That depends on the person and situtation. Always running is not the right answer, but sometimes the risk is just too great and it's the best you can do.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ohsay » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:05 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:Liberal - me first, 2nd, and only - The only measure of success is getting out alive.

Conservative - It's not just about me - Sure I can tuck tail and run, but if the liberal that had tucked tail and ran when their home was invaded, I wouldn't have to make this decision. Whether I like it or not, I have just been drafted into the service of my country. Defending my property not only protects my property, but it protects my neighbors and my community. Sure it puts me at more risk than if I ran like a coward, but I am helping to defend my neighbors and my community. A dead scumbags never robbed, raped, or murdered another person. Live ones always do.

Sure the cowards way out is the safest for me. It is also the least safe for my neighbors. What is it the right thing to do? That depends on the person and situtation. Always running is not the right answer, but sometimes the risk is just too great and it's the best you can do.

You're approaching that from a 'me' perspective. I asked what you'd prefer your wife or daughter do. It's easy to choose the riskier option when it's just you. If I'm the only one in the house, I'd feel the same way. Invade my home, I'm not going anywhere. You're going to have to deal with me. Do it while someone who I care about is there, and being an intelligent man, I'm going to try to get them OUT of that situation. Take what you will, as long as they're safe. I think that's a fairly common approach, regardless of political loyalty. Maybe you're the kind of guy that'll let his pride end the life of a loved one though. Who knows? I however, won't.

SpinnerMan wrote:i wil keep each and every one of my guns regardless of what anyone else says. i will bitterly cling to them till the day i die, and i bet im not the only one in this country who will

You're not. Like I said I don't think they'll ever come take them, but if they want me to give any of mine up, that's exactly what they'll have to do. Imagine parting with that beautiful old, yet new to you, 16 gauge. The thought is unbearable.
say what?
ohsay
hunter

Postby don taylor » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:50 pm

That's why you teach your daughters to shoot. You also teach your daughter not to take the Hollywood, wild wild west type actions. She arms herself and make a retreat carefully. If need be, she shoots. What if the jerk is raping her mother? retreat? what if your 16 y.o. daughter is being raped and mom has the gun?

Get a grip on what happens in real life. Do you honestly believe teenage girls would look for the confrontation? If they would, wouldn't that have more to do with being RAISED to act that way?

On a side note, there has been instances where children have been found murdered, clutching their parents gun. The problem? Gun Locks and no keys. They were unable to defend themselves and their siblings from a home invader that found them hiding. Even though they had a gun. Firearm knowledge is important for all members of a household. Not just the boys.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 am

ohsay wrote:You're approaching that from a 'me' perspective. I asked what you'd prefer your wife or daughter do. It's easy to choose the riskier option when it's just you. If I'm the only one in the house, I'd feel the same way. Invade my home, I'm not going anywhere. You're going to have to deal with me. Do it while someone who I care about is there, and being an intelligent man, I'm going to try to get them OUT of that situation. Take what you will, as long as they're safe. I think that's a fairly common approach, regardless of political loyalty. Maybe you're the kind of guy that'll let his pride end the life of a loved one though. Who knows? I however, won't.
From this quote, would I assume that you do not think women are capable of being police officers or soldiers? They can't stand up and fight if the need arises. I grew up with a family of strong independent women that can take care of themselves if they need to. In fact when my mother was a teenager on the farm, one night someone slashed their dog when her mother was at work and her dad was at the firehouse. She got the shotgun and fired it in the air and told them to, well things I can't write on this site, and then closed the door and was prepared to defend her three younger sisters and until her father got home.

My wife and I have discussed what to do if this happens after some strange people came to our door one evening. Not that it's any of your business, but my wife, the dog, the shotgun, and the telephone are all part of the plan. As I said, it depends on the person. Some people should run and some shouldn't. I would say error on the side of fighting, but every situation will be different and you will be forced to make a decision on the spot.

SpinnerMan wrote:That depends on the person and situtation. Always running is not the right answer, but sometimes the risk is just too great and it's the best you can do.
However, my main point is that this always retreat mentality puts us all at greater risk. Your wife and daughter will be at greater risk if I or my wife runs and me and my wife will be at greater risk if you run. Running is not always the right answer. Protecting your community is not other people's responsibility. That means you may be forced to risk your life in defense of your community. That just doesn't mean joining the military and fighting in war. That also means fighting the enemy within. Crime gets out of control when everybody believes it's the governments responsibility and my only responsibility is to protect myself and my family and the hell with everybodyelse because that's not my responsibility.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:52 am

The day a thug kicks down my door is the day said thug catches a 3 1/2 inch load of turkey shot in the chest and that is the day the thugs thugging career ends. :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby don taylor » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:11 am

I posted a incident about 7 or 8 months ago involving my .45 kimber and a wanna be thug. It was deleted due to the violence. Funny, I haven't seen or heard from him since. Maybe he learned a lesson. I may never know.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Duckmaster44 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:12 pm

im so sick of obama and his libral bull man. Wont put his hand over his heart, what a joke. obama is a TOOL, racist, and a hyprocraite. Most of the people voting for him have no idea what he stands for they just know hes black. It pisses me off so bad, and how he disses out troops who risk their lives everyday for the freedom that his ignorant librel self lives under everyday. OBAMA SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dirty South Outdoors
Duckmaster44
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Obama doesn't suck. He's just a post turtle.

You ask what is a post turtle.

When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.

You know the post turtle didn't get up there by himself, you know he doesn't belong up there, you know he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, and you just wonder what kind of idiot or idiots put him up there.

I think somebody needs to make some Obama post turtles. I know I'd put one in my front yard.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum