Swamp puppy

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Swamp puppy

Postby jmike » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:14 pm

Hey Ed hows your summer .........The skiff is kinda a combo, heres the spec's 10' long , approx 42 wide , deck sits about 15" , the cockpit is about 6 ' long by 36 'wide and plenty deep , finish wweight is about 80 lbs, deck lid has small 2" combing around cock pit . these are a copy of an old cedar lapstrake from the lower river ,they tow great behind the big boat's, what I like best ....I will build a cart for it to use at sauvies....the boat hold 5 doz dek's and all the gear for 3 guys , when u get to your blind water depth dosnt effect decoy placement , and you can zip out after wing tip birds that the dogs cant get to, rows great or use a kyack paddel........boat comes in 2 pieces, hull and deck lid , a little sanding , some 3M 5200 adhesive , about 20 pop rivits and its ready to go, this is a quaility little rig, same glass guy that builds ,Clackacraft drift boats, and the Marsh Rat
, they will by same colr as marsh rat , dead grass green, priec $ 450.00.let me know if you need more info , photos comin soon ..jmike :thumbsup:
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:19 am

Jmike - things are good. I'll be starting a new job at Intel in about 2 weeks and my schedule will allow a lot of time for hunting. :thumbsup:

i am interested in the skiff..maybe i can hook up with you and take a peek at yours in action. the price is certainly within my budget, but i am looking for a boat i can tow in and hunt the lower columbia with. i am thinking it is going to be a marsh rat or something similiar.

keep in touch..we gotta hook up at SI this year.

-Ed
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby jmike » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:23 pm

Ed...........this is gonna be rite up your alley.......we tow these all the time on the Columbia....I am picking up the first one on Monday , after work it will be ready for the water by next weekend...you are more than welcome to cruise over to my place and try it out...we live on a lake so all ya got to do is step off the back porch ......jmike :smile:
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:34 pm

sounds good..let me know when it is water ready and we'll set something up. :salude:
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting