Obama Raised by Banking Executive

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Obama Raised by Banking Executive

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:47 pm

I always wondered how this poor kid from humble roots attended private schools and ended up at Harvard. Like all these phony democrats from humble roots, they weren't near as humble as he lets on. His typical racist grandmother that raised him was Bank of Hawaii's first female vice president.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-04-07-obamagrandma_N.htm

This should go well with his VP choice's phony humble roots as the son of a man that co-owned an airport. There are so many people from humble roots that co-own airports :no: He wasn't as wealthy as Obama's family, but he wasn't exactly a blue collar worker.

http://www.limaohio.com/articles/biden_27569___article.html/class_working.html
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:23 pm

Whoa!!! According to Obama, he was raised by a single mother who struggled to raise him and make ends meet.

I think this is why he has had trouble getting Jesse and Al on his side. They have so little in common.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Brydog » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:23 pm

Here ya' go Spinner,,, He was inept and incapable of doing his job with any competency, but was still promoted over and over.
Kinda reminds me of Dubya and the strings that we're pulled for him.
Another fine example of Nepotism at it's best.
It's no wonder he was shot down. He was totally incompetent.
The U.S Navy is to blame for his POW status and the torture he endured.
I guess if ya' don't earn it, ya' have to pay for it !
... somehow this qualifies him to run this country?!?!?
http://www.usvetdsp.com/jan08/mccain_mi ... record.htm
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby MT_2511 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:21 pm

Brydog wrote:Here ya' go Spinner,,, He was inept and incapable of doing his job with any competency, but was still promoted over and over.
Kinda reminds me of Dubya and the strings that we're pulled for him.
Another fine example of Nepotism at it's best.
It's no wonder he was shot down. He was totally incompetent.
The U.S Navy is to blame for his POW status and the torture he endured.
I guess if ya' don't earn it, ya' have to pay for it !
... somehow this qualifies him to run this country?!?!?
http://www.usvetdsp.com/jan08/mccain_mi ... record.htm

:thumbsdown: You know I believe everybody has the right to speak freely BUT when you are talking down about a vet, somebody that has served our country, I believe thats where the line is drawn. That sir is nothing but detestable. That man served our counrty and should be respected for doing so. He risked his own life to protect us. In the link you posted I saw nothing but negative things about him. According that article it was his fault that he lost all 5 aircraft I saw only one that was even remotly close to being his fault. As far as the "sex scandles" go there was no proof of any of them. There was only rumors which can not be proved. When he was moved to Washington and as the link put it turned the liaison office into a "late-afternoon gathering spot where senators and staffers, usually from the Armed Services and Foreign Relations committees, would drop in for a drink and the chance to unwind." How is that any different than any group of people that go to a bar afterwork to unwind. As far as his divorce goes I believe that no matter what it is wrong, but it has become a common thing even during those days it was. So tell me how Obama is qualified. Chicago has the one of the highest violent crime rates in the country.... don't you think he should "help" his own state before he "helps" the country. :no:
MT_2511
hunter

Postby David » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:28 pm

MT_2511 wrote: :thumbsdown: You know I believe everybody has the right to speak freely BUT when you are talking down about a vet, somebody that has served our country, I believe thats where the line is drawn. That sir is nothing but detestable.

I can't agree with that. Just because someone is a vet, doesn't give them a pass on all. Lord knows I didn't/don't like Kerry and he was a Vietnam Vet.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby Brydog » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:30 pm

I'm a vet too. Does that qualify me ? I didn't think so. :no:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby MT_2511 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:38 pm

I never siad it gives you a free pass on anything. All I am saying is we need to give a certain respect to our vets some have served our country above and beyond what some people can even begin to think about. That being said Mr. Brydog I would like to thank you for serving our country in whatever form you did. You did something most people in our counrty would not do. All I want is for our vets to be spoken of in a proud way... Yes some we are not as proud of but they still did something to be respected. Yes some are not ment to be leaders but some are. That is why there is a chain of command. Without a chain of command we would be nothin but a mob. With that said there has to be something the article does not mention as to the reasoning for his promotion.
MT_2511
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:49 am

Who said having a father and grandfather that recieved 4 stars qualifies him to be President?

Who said graduating from the Naval Academy qualified him to be President?

Who said flying jets qualified him to be President?

Who said being a vet qualified him to be President?

Who said being shot down qualified him to be President?

Who said being a POW qualified him to be President?

Who said being tortured for his country qualified him to be President?

Who said being a war Hero qualified him to be President?

Who said serving as an officer after suffering in a POW camp for years qualified him to be President?

Who said being an elected representative qualified him to be President?

Who said being a U.S. Senator for longer than Obama has been able to drink qualified him to be President?

Who said passing many major pieces of legislation qualified him to be President?

And who the hell ever said he was perfect?

I could go on, but you get the point. He has a full resume. No single piece of which qualifies him to be President. It the totality of his background that raises him to a very small group of Americans with such an incredible background of experience that makes him Presidential material.

Obama has nothing on his resume of any substance. I'm sorry, I forgot. He is actually perfect as all Messiah's are :rolleyes:

And what does your reference have to do with the fact that Obama down plays the fact that his grandmother that raised him was a pioneer for women. This is something he should have been bragging about. Instead he never talks about this and his most famous quote about his highly successful grandmother is that she is a typical white woman, which is anything but the truth (if he were a Republican this would be called a lie). You are supposed to honor your mother and father (or grandmother and grandfather, especially if they raise you) and not talk them down. What sick mind would do this?
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:39 am

The same mind that has shown a pattern of saying one thing to one part of the country and another to the other part. This guy is starting to look more and more like Hillary.

The fact that they sent 30 lawyers and investigaters to Alaska to try and dig up dirt on Palin shows you what kind of outfit your dealing with. If it was a new kind of campaign or candidate you would be above that and wouldnt have to directly call Sean Hannity a dirtbag or Rushs followers names. Not very presidential.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:32 am

Pretty crazy for the right to try and get some traction on this.
You guys are supporting a guy who dumped his faithful, crippled wife for a wealthy heiress.
Two adulterers and a drug addict.

Family values and looking out for the little working people, get real.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:Pretty crazy for the right to try and get some traction on this.
You guys are supporting a guy who dumped his faithful, crippled wife for a wealthy heiress.

Still better than a Islamic, cocaine snorting, tax raising, lying marxist that Obamessiah is. :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby clwalkin » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:44 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:Pretty crazy for the right to try and get some traction on this.

And the left looks out for what? More taxes, hand outs to the self-inflicted "poor", more and more gun laws, and just a real crazed outlook on what's best for this country.

Seeing that you are in California, both Dems and Republicans can't fix that mess. Now what?
clwalkin
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:58 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:You guys are supporting a guy who dumped his faithful, crippled wife for a wealthy heiress.
Again some seriously misleading information.

Both her and John are "crippled", yet they both continued to work.

John was her 2nd marriage. Undermines the faithful wife argument a bit. This was her 2nd marriage to fail. Maybe she just was unlucky, but I'm guess she wasn't the perfect wife. Who knows?

How was the life for this faithful crippled woman? "In 2003, Carol McCain retired and moved to a bungalow in Virginia Beach, Virginia"

Sounds to me like they are both very good people, but that doesn't guarantee a successful marriage. Her story is very interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_McCain
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby David » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:34 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:and a drug addict.

You are aware that cocaine is a habit forming drug and that Obama has admitted using it. You do know that when Palin tried pot, a non-habit forming drug, it was legal in Alaska. But go ahead and keep grasping at straws.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Hell all Sarah has to say is "I smoked but did not inhale" and you have a no issue. Right libs? :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:30 pm

At least she has the stones to inhale and isn't a coward that can't stand up to peer pressure or actually inhale so he cowardly pretends to inhale. That response really told you a lot about Bill if you listened and thought about it. This pretty much summed up his behavior throughout his entire life.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:39 pm

That McCain and his mistress Cindy's relationship began with adultery is a little different than ending a marriage and beginning another.
Cindy McCain's drug addiction was a little more than trying drugs, if you are interested in looking into it.

Family Values Party candidates, yeah right.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:04 pm

yes I would...post a credible link.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum