funny repair

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

funny repair

Postby vital_kill » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:02 am

My friend just bought a new Browning Gold in MODB 12 gauge 3 1/2". He took it out today and load it up with 3 shells and fired away. After the last shell was fired, the gun "jammed," as of what he told me. Couldn't get the bolt to close. Swung by my place as I have numerous experiences with Golds, and I took a look at it. After listening to his story, all I did was press the bolt release button and he was good to go. HAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: NOTE: this is his first automatic ever, the guy was a pump freak. Gunsmiths could of charged him an arm and a leg for that. :wink:
vital_kill
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:29 pm

At least he didn't break the forearm trying to pump it. I almost did that years ago when I bought my first auto...pulled up, shot the first dove and almost broke the thing trying to shuck another round. It finally donned on me what I was shooting and commenced to dropping a double from the next drove that came in.
apexhunter
hunter

Postby noduckfly » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:16 pm

Vital_kill ; your buddy owes you some beer. :rofl: :rofl:

I've done the auto pump what the hell, :huh: :huh:

:hammer:
noduckfly
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:30 pm

noduckfly wrote:Vital_kill ; your buddy owes you some beer. :rofl: :rofl:

I've done the auto pump what the hell, :huh: :huh:

:hammer:

Yep me too, but just the opposite. I just got my first auto and I didn't have a problem trying to pump it or what not. Then I shot a few times with my dad Super Nova and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't load another (while a clay pidgeon is flying). I forgot to pump! :rofl: I thought it was pretty funny.
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby TommyW » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:24 pm

njonsey I did the same thing you did except I was rabbit hunting. A friend wanted to try out my benelli. He was shoooting a 20gauge pump
WHAT SAID IN THE BLIND STAYS IN THE BLIND
TommyW
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:39 pm

I know, its just like: "What the He//!! And then you realize that your a idiot. haha I guess it would be funnier to see someone else do.
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby slothman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:11 pm

I switch back and forth from time to time. I get screwed up almost every time. It always takes me a shot, followed by momentary confusion, to get it all figured out and in the right mindset.
The glass is not half empty or half full, it's just twice as big as it needs to be.

If you miss a lot of birds, does that make you a conservationist?
slothman
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:56 pm

Growing up on an 1100, I still prefer autos. I still occasionally forget to pump my BPS 10ga, but that's the only pump I've taken out to the field for some time.

Really screw myself up when shooting a pump with safety on the front of the trigger housing. Twice the chance of messing up, as I'm also used to the safety in back or a suicide safety a la A5/M11.

However, if I could find the right Model 12, I'd be willing to live with that.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Re: funny repair

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:00 am

vital_kill wrote:My friend just bought a new Browning Gold in MODB 12 gauge 3 1/2". He took it out today and load it up with 3 shells and fired away. After the last shell was fired, the gun "jammed," as of what he told me. Couldn't get the bolt to close. Swung by my place as I have numerous experiences with Golds, and I took a look at it. After listening to his story, all I did was press the bolt release button and he was good to go. HAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: NOTE: this is his first automatic ever, the guy was a pump freak. Gunsmiths could of charged him an arm and a leg for that. :wink:

:lol3: :lol3: I was an electrician for a number of years. Can't tell ya how many times I was called to take care of a "dead" or "failed circuit." Get there and it was a tripped GFCI. Push the little button in and you're good to go! Same thing. Someone could have spent 4 hours crawling attics and subfloors and charged them $600! :lol3: I usually told them to "not worry about a charge, but next time you call for this....." :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:27 pm

A conditioned response that becomes a reflex, like me searching for the clutch in my wife's automatic Subaru LOL. She only lets me drive it on special occasions!!!!!!
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:11 pm

It's a favorite thing to do when someone is out of the blind leaving their Gold behind . No one shoots but them ,and boy is
it funny to watch after the first shot , Total Panic .....and then...... you hear the name calling and spas-matic reactions ! LOL's
3200 man
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:05 pm

3200 man wrote:It's a favorite thing to do when someone is out of the blind leaving their Gold behind . No one shoots but them ,and boy is
it funny to watch after the first shot , Total Panic .....and then...... you hear the name calling and spas-matic reactions ! LOL's
Messin with another man's gun ain't right. :wink:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby 3200 man » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:43 pm

I agree........BUT !.........................................I take mine with me when I leave the Blind , I've learned !
3200 man
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Always been able to go from pump,auto,o/u, double trigger S/S's, even single barrel hammer guns with no problems due to the guns I grew up with. But I could never get used to the safety on a model 12. I actually got rid of a sweet model 42 for that very reason.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:41 am

I've been accustomed to adjusting to the action of the gun I was shooting with very few problems as I use pumps and autos quite frequently depending upon my mood and the quarry. But I always seem to forget the double trigger on my .410 SxS bird gun on the first covey rise...after the first one I'm good to go.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum