Not Democratic Hypocrisy

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Not Democratic Hypocrisy

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:41 am

You can't be a hypocrit if you have no standards.

http://wcbstv.com/local/charles.rangel.uncle.2.817769.html

Rangel, chairman of the powerful House Ways and Means Committee, is already the subject of ethics committee investigations on several fronts, including unreported income and unpaid taxes on his beach house in the Dominican Republic.

Despite Republican calls for Rangel to be stripped of his Ways and Means Committee chairmanship, a spokesman for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told CBS 2 HD it is not going to happen.

Who actually thought it would? Please.

Among the new discrepancies:

--Rangel's papers over the past 10 years show no reference to the sale of a home he once owned on Colorado Avenue in Washington.

--The details of a property bought in Sunny Isles, Fla., are bewildering at best. The stated value changes significantly from year to year, and even page to page, from $50,000 to $100,000 all the way up to $500,000.

--Some of the entries for investment funds fluctuate strangely, suggesting that the person either didn't have accurate information or didn't fill out the paperwork correctly.

Always the same excuse. It's not corruption. It's incompetence.

It worked for Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and I'm sure it will work for Charlie Rangel. Let's just hope it doesn't work for Obama.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby brownlou » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:13 am

See--politicians are all liars, out for themselves and power.....
brownlou
hunter

Re: Not Democratic Hypocrisy

Postby seastreet » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:43 am

SpinnerMan wrote:You can't be a hypocrit if you have no standards.

http://wcbstv.com/local/charles.rangel.uncle.2.817769.html

Rangel, chairman of the powerful House Ways and Means Committee, is already the subject of ethics committee investigations on several fronts, including unreported income and unpaid taxes on his beach house in the Dominican Republic.

Despite Republican calls for Rangel to be stripped of his Ways and Means Committee chairmanship, a spokesman for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told CBS 2 HD it is not going to happen.

Who actually thought it would? Please.

Among the new discrepancies:

--Rangel's papers over the past 10 years show no reference to the sale of a home he once owned on Colorado Avenue in Washington.

--The details of a property bought in Sunny Isles, Fla., are bewildering at best. The stated value changes significantly from year to year, and even page to page, from $50,000 to $100,000 all the way up to $500,000.

--Some of the entries for investment funds fluctuate strangely, suggesting that the person either didn't have accurate information or didn't fill out the paperwork correctly.

Always the same excuse. It's not corruption. It's incompetence.

It worked for Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and I'm sure it will work for Charlie Rangel. Let's just hope it doesn't work for Obama.

I guess Nancy Pelosi just refilled the swamp with her own brand of stagnant, vial water. So much for that "most open, ethical & transparent" congress ever... :rolleyes:

Where are all the screams from the left about cronyism and corruption? :huh:
Last edited by seastreet on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:43 am

He was just 'sloppy' with his records and such. But that all depends what your definition of what the word "is" is.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:21 pm

don taylor wrote:He was just 'sloppy' with his records and such. But that all depends what your definition of what the word "is" is.
Maybe they are down his pants. Sandy Berger was sloppy with the Clinton documents and accidently stuck them down his pants.

I think we have a new Democratic ad campaign.

We are too stupid to do our own taxes, but we can provide you with top quality health care.

We are too stupid to do our own taxes, but we can solve the energy crisis.

We are too stupid to do our own taxes, but we can manage your retirement money.

There are so many.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:45 pm

brownlou wrote:See--politicians are all liars, out for themselves and power.....

C'mon lou...you can surely do better than that. Just pretend this is Bush, Cheney, McCain or Palin.

Show us some outrage !!! :yes: Call for somebody's head. :yes:

I guess Bry and dude are too busy surfin the blogs for Palin trashin ammo to show how outraged they must be about this corruption. :yes: :rofl: :biggrin:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:51 am

Any politician of either party should be fully prosecuted for ethics violations.
Both party's have members who have been found guilty. Though the repubs are well out in the lead in recent years.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:57 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:Any politician of either party should be fully prosecuted for ethics violations.
Both party's have members who have been found guilty. Though the repubs are well out in the lead in recent years.

Except for Democrats? So much for that "most open, ethical & transparent congress ever". :rolleyes:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:12 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:Any politician of either party should be fully prosecuted for ethics violations.
You say that, but somehow your buddies always come up with excuses and defend them until the end.

BTW, ethics violations are generally not crimes. Therefore, they cannot be prosecuted. Too many free meals and trips on private jets is an ethics problem. Tax evasion is not an ethics problem.

What are the statistics about the Republicans being way out in the lead? How many Democrats have been found guilty and how many Republicans? My guess is you just made this up, but I would be curious about the statistics. A list of politicians and the crimes they were convicted of would be interesting read.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum