Mmm mmmm I love Humble Pie

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Mmm mmmm I love Humble Pie

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:36 pm

So after telling no one in the shop to draw our bows because they could dry fire it guess what I do? There's my bow sitting there next to me while I check the forums. So while I wait on them to load I decide to draw it back. Crack... a dry fire. String is off the cams and the serving on the top cam is torn. That's all that's wrong with it. Easy fix, I'll go in and press it tomorrow and reserve it. Shouldn't mess up my pins either, but we'll see. :mad: Five days before the season and I pull this. :fingerhead: Well at least the limbs and pockets aren't cracked. I have a sunken feeling in the pit of my stomach right now. Can't believe I did that. :thumbsdown:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Remman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:24 am

I feel your pain Preacher! Just hope your limbs dont crack. BTW which brand of bow is it?
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:59 am

No cracked limbs or pockets. I woke up early and headed in to work to check it out. All was a-okay. Just had to fix the serving and it's fine. It's a High Country Iron Mace. I love the bow and hopefully it'll put some meat on the table this year. I have a hankering for some jerky.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Remman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:48 pm

I have never shot one of those, but if its a high country, it will hunt!!
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Oh it'll do more than that. I got it at a heck of a price. 500 bucks brand new. Before yesterdays incident i was grouping 3 inches at 40 yards. It's a great little bow, and now that everythings back togather I can rest knowing it's okay. Looked everything over, fixed the serving and put it on the draw weight scale. No busted limbs or nothing thank goodness. Tomorrow I'll check to make sure the sights are out of wack.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Archery