GO Oregon State Beavers!!!

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Postby David » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:29 pm

Stop the personal bashing right now!
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:14 pm

doesnt make sense to me!

I'll explain it for you really simple so you will understand the confusion...

There are two polls. The coaches poll and the associated press poll. The associated press poll is by a bunch of sports writers. The BCS is on the opinion of the coaches along with a bunch of computer calculations on how strong the team is and their opponents.
The BCS title, along with the crystal ball, is awarded to the #1 team in the coaches poll, which was LSU not USC.
USC was #1 in the ASSociated Press poll which is based on opinions only ... not all the computer generated numbers like, strength of schedule, etc.....

Coach Pete Carrol was one of the ones who pushed for the creation of the BCS computer models.... They interviewed him after the 2003 season and he said he would stand by the BCS decision althought he thought the system needed tweeking.

Personally, I give no credit to a bunch of biased sports writers... never cared who they thought was #1.

I think the coaches are better at determining that.... as they have more experience judging how strong a football team is.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby gadwall getter » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:04 pm

this definetly wouldnt be able to happen but it would be cool if all the players from both LSU and USC back in 2003 to play against eachother that way we could determine the true champ. they never even got to face eachother in 03 which is really stupid!
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:24 am

gadwall getter wrote:this definetly wouldnt be able to happen but it would be cool if all the players from both LSU and USC back in 2003 to play against eachother that way we could determine the true champ. they never even got to face eachother in 03 which is really stupid!

I would love to have seen a match-up.... That LSU team would have dominated USC on the line.... just like they did to Oklahoma.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby gadwall getter » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:44 am

Indaswamp wrote:
gadwall getter wrote:this definetly wouldnt be able to happen but it would be cool if all the players from both LSU and USC back in 2003 to play against eachother that way we could determine the true champ. they never even got to face eachother in 03 which is really stupid!

I would love to have seen a match-up.... That LSU team would have dominated USC on the line.... just like they did to Oklahoma.

USC had way too much of a dominating offense to lose! theres no way were gonna solve this but atleast were debating it which is kinda fun!
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby BullCajun » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:37 pm

Crystal ball in possesion of LSU for the 03 season , Even when shown fact gadwall wants to argue the point. Did USC give you your obvious lack of education. It's all about the crystal ball. [EDITED BY MOD]
BullCajun
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:13 pm

you just cant let it go. im just sticking up for my team [EDITED BY MOD]
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby David » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:23 am

Last warning, next personal bash on this thread will lead to a suspension.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby BullCajun » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:45 pm

Your right David, Mea Culpa. Just wanted him to see the light. Your doing a good job.
BullCajun
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:38 pm

not tryin to bash. sorry david. but bull cajun just please stop being a know it all.
gadwall getter
hunter

Previous

Return to Sports